Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 12-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #251
Y3E
Gen 13

That would not be a bad idea but to get good support, you would have to have a deep footprint, which I don't think you want since it would cover part of the feet.

I have my GG girls packed away at the moment and not sure how the hole in the foot are, if the top part of hole is metal (which it probably is) or is it the material of the sculpt but if it is the latter, I would think having a deeper hole (going up further into the leg) and getting a longer screw would be better.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #252
Loops
Kindly Asked To Leave

My Blondie is out for delivery!

COME ON UPS!

Last edited by Loops; 12-10-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: edit
Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #253
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

So, I spent a lot of the day today re-arranging my spare bedroom and my statues in that bedroom and my bedroom, and decided to display the Sucker Punch girls in a new place so that I could get all 5 of them together without using up 2 Besta shelves.

Here is the result!

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #254
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
That would not be a bad idea but to get good support, you would have to have a deep footprint, which I don't think you want since it would cover part of the feet.

I have my GG girls packed away at the moment and not sure how the hole in the foot are, if the top part of hole is metal (which it probably is) or is it the material of the sculpt but if it is the latter, I would think having a deeper hole (going up further into the leg) and getting a longer screw would be better.
It would be a combination of peg and an inset for the opposite foot. Not sure if it can be done. I will have to do some research. I don't think the inset would have to be too high. Just something to keep the statue straight. I'll have to converse with my woodworker and see what he thinks.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #255
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Nice setup Ryan. Having all 5 girls together is the way to go.

Thankfully I have a shelf big enough to facilitate all the girls once my Blondie statue arrives. Looking forward to finally having a complete lineup.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #256
Shallow_
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
So, I spent a lot of the day today re-arranging my spare bedroom and my statues in that bedroom and my bedroom, and decided to display the Sucker Punch girls in a new place so that I could get all 5 of them together without using up 2 Besta shelves.

Here is the result!

I cannot see the picture..

It sucks having to wait all those extra days to Norway

Edit: Got it at photobucket and re-upped it here for you

Looks fantastic, great order with the heads the right way, had not decided yet, but think Ill go with the same

They look so tiny all by themselves, you need something for scale
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4314.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	75851  
Shallow_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #257
Loops
Kindly Asked To Leave

Blondie has arrived, thankfully completely intact

Photo to come when the light is better...
Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #258
Vallos
Jubilee

My statues are always shipped to my work address, but I was out yesterday. I arrived at work to a little surprise. GG sent me three statues. My first thought was they charged me three times, so I immediately checked my card balance. I was charged for only one. Then my next thought was to keep and sell the extras. That was a fleeting moment as I realized that would not be the right thing to do, not to mention, they would eventually pinpoint the error. So I will be calling them to have them retrieve the extras. I opened the lowest number (354) and everything is fine. Perfect statue.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #259
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

Here is the result!

WOW!!!! They girls look awesome together!
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:06 AM   #260
dechirico7
The Flash

Blondie is officially my "nightmare" statue. Received mine with a loose leg. I just glued it back on. If you thought it was hard to get Sweet Pea on her base, I had more trouble with getting Blondie on hers. AND, in the process of tugging her legs apart, so I could screw her into her base, I ended up breaking a belt. The belts are really great, they are placed on the inside of her legs so that when you are struggling with the base you are destined to break them off. Ugh. I finally have her on display though. If I have any time this weekend I will take pics.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote