Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-23-2020, 03:00 PM   #251
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
MisterJ I get what you are saying but if the numbers aren't there for the ones that he did release what makes you think that there would miraculously appear collectors that are wanting to buy them? Not saying it's right, but you cannot survive on making 175 exclusive superman and survive this market
But, that sure wasn't the line while it was happening. And you're still just talking exclusives - I don't think the problem with exclusives is solely the statues themselves. Designs can change, but I am not sure the underlying problems with driving traffic to Tweeterhead.com have.

That TH Joker is also what I would call "timeless" and he couldn't move a 250 ES of that EX, either (which was also a killer EX).
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:05 PM   #252
pdenham
Teen Titans

Low sales with the SP line I think had just as much to do with the overwhelming similitude of nearly every pose.

How many are one knee up with one arm down and one arm cocked?
Robin has almost the exact same barrel-chested, thick limbed physique as Batman, just scaled slightly smaller.

The reason Chad is getting such positive feedback on Ivy, despite not having released a fully visible pic is because you can see there is finally a completely fresh (for this line) concept involved.

The Dark Knight Batman is one of the best things I've ever seen for that character...and he's blessedly free of any adjacent gargoyle or gothic trapping.

This is the kind of response you get when you zig when everyone else is zagging.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:05 PM   #253
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Well, I guess we will have to wait and see

I do wish that Chad would do a video and set the record straight

I was not buying every SuperPowers statue but being selective. I do hope that the rest of the Justice League and Titans are done to match what has already came out. I do have the feeling that some of the C and D level characters we were hoping to might not make it to production but I could be wrong. It would be great if they did but the bottom line is Chad does have to make money.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:11 PM   #254
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'd love to get Big Barda, Mister Miracle, Orion, Kalibak, etc. Hopefully some of them will pop up eventually.

I get that the classic costumes are what some of us older collectors want, but TH has already impressed me with the characters they've chosen so far. Who the hell ever thought we'd get a Mr. Mxyzptlk statue? What other company is making Martian Manhunter? The best I'm hoping for is that TH makes the statues that will sell and maybe be able to throw in a classic look every now and then for the old school fans. Isn't that what everyone uses as an excuse for Sideshow when they make their 50th Batman PF?

It's impossible to make everyone happy, but I don't know how anyone could look at what TH is doing with this line and be upset. Tweeterhead is making killer statues with an unbelievably reasonable price point for this scale.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:13 PM   #255
cyberpunk12
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
But if there are little to no demand we can't expect company to make product and loose money on it...
I didn't say that at all... I understand economics and don't expect anyone to give money away to make a point.

I suppose I was a fool to believe I'd eventually be able to get statues of Firestorm, Red Tornado, Green Arrow, and Hawkman in this line. My experience told me it wouldn't happen but I gambled anyway.

Tweeterhead can't do for DC what Bowen did for Marvel if every character has to be a full priced, full sized statue. Bowen built his catalog with a lower price point, getting us all hooked on busts and complementing with statues.

Maybe DC's stable of characters isn't as beloved as Marvel's (a common debate I wage with my DC-first best friend).

...and my experiences are primarily from the days before collectors filled their trophy rooms with 1/4 scale, $1200 space-eating statues.

At this point, I'm just hoping the Titans get finished. We only need four and I hope they stay Perez-era if they do indeed make it.

Sorry to contribute to derailing the Ivy thread. There are lots of Batman collectors and I'm sure it will generate interest. The concept is fantastic and may be their best DC seller to date... though I do enjoy my Captain Morgan fan club
cyberpunk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:15 PM   #256
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I don't care if he needs to switch over to a different style. If that's what he has to do to keeping going I'm all for it. But if he is going to do it and leave those us wanting just a couple figures to finish off the teams he said he would complete empty handed, that's what troubles me.

Weren't the Classics collectors supposed to get a couple more?
Weren't the '66 collectors supposed to get a couple more?
Now the JL 7 collectors are going to be left a couple shy.
And the Titans collectors are going to be left a couple shy.

I see a pattern forming.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:21 PM   #257
stingermck
Frackin!

Yeah its so hard to get a JLA 7 statue set, with a good look and uniform style. As said above, lines seem to fizzle out before they are are finished. So close to! And I as well thought we would finally get Firestorm, Hawkman, Red Tornado, etc as well.
stingermck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:33 PM   #258
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I mean I'm confused unless I'm crazy Chad is only 2 characters away from finishing the JL 7. I'm not sure how "switching styles" of Poison Ivy impacts finishing up the league.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:34 PM   #259
stingermck
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I mean I'm confused unless I'm crazy Chad is only 2 characters away from finishing the JL 7. I'm not sure how "switching styles" of Poison Ivy impacts finishing up the league.
For me, its having 5 members of the JLA with an 80s look and Flash and Aquaman (if/when they ever come out) with a modern look (if they are not Super Powers). It just won't match.
stingermck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:39 PM   #260
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I am certainly not gonna say have patience. Things change. I don't know what is in his mind, but I certainly know that the market for the classic look is extremely limited. I know we want what we want as collectors, but you only need look at the comic books and the movies and hot toys to see what collectors get excited about.

When I said wait, I meant that the costumes may have some more texture but they will still maintain the character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
It seems there is going to be a change in style for everything (not just Ivy). We are talking about it here, but should probably talk about it somewhere else so we don't clog up this thread.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote