Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-03-2024, 08:38 PM   #251
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Well a 1/2.5 if accurate, wouldn’t be all too different from many 1/3 scale pieces made by other manufacturers, who have a tendency of over scaling their pieces from time to time.

I’m just going to assume it’s going to be advertised as a 1/3 scale piece.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 08:51 PM   #252
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Sideshow overly likes dirty teeth
Maul says hold my beer

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Teeth.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	169557  
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 09:39 PM   #253
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Well a 1/2.5 if accurate, wouldn?t be all too different from many 1/3 scale pieces made by other manufacturers, who have a tendency of over scaling their pieces from time to time.

I?m just going to assume it?s going to be advertised as a 1/3 scale piece.
Agree.

I have no idea what the license entails, but everyone is well aware that no one is holding a gun to Sideshow's head saying "Hit EXACTLY 1/3 (or 1/2) scale, or else!".

Prime 1 advertised Predator at 1/3, but it's larger. A license is one thing - what the artists create, and what the factories can reproduce, is another.

Even though Wolverine is 5'3", SS may have wanted to make him taller than typical. For certain characters outside the normal 6' range, how much does the licensor care? Do the factories care when being solicited?

XM TF pieces are 1/10 scale. They're the same size as a typical 1/3. 'Real world' sizing comes into play. TF 1/10 aren't the same as Iron Studios 1/10, in terms of factory pricing. That's based purely on overall size and complexity.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 09:51 PM   #254
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Agree.

I have no idea what the license entails, but everyone is well aware that no one is holding a gun to Sideshow's head saying "Hit EXACTLY 1/3 (or 1/2) scale, or else!".

Prime 1 advertised Predator at 1/3, but it's larger. A license is one thing - what the artists create, and what the factories can reproduce, is another.

Even though Wolverine is 5'3", SS may have wanted to make him taller than typical. For certain characters outside the normal 6' range, how much does the licensor care? Do the factories care when being solicited?

XM TF pieces are 1/10 scale. They're the same size as a typical 1/3. 'Real world' sizing comes into play. TF 1/10 aren't the same as Iron Studios 1/10, in terms of factory pricing. That's based purely on overall size and complexity.
Yet this Wolverine is extremely hunched over isn't he?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:50 PM   #255
SparkyMW
Fantastic Four

Saw these pics on Instagram. They show an angle I hadn't seen yet. I think it looks great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240403-224718_Instagram.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	337.2 KB
ID:	169559   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240403-224732_Instagram.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	311.7 KB
ID:	169560  
SparkyMW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 11:02 PM   #256
SONICobra
Batman

I think the reason this stylistic approach gets a pass from me is because I view it more of a celebration of the character instead of an idealistic version. All the things that make Wolverine awesome pushed to the limits. I said before I had wished it was 1/4 scale but I don’t know if it would have been as successful, it wouldn’t have the same impact. this thing is brutal, uncompromising and outrageous just like the man himself

Really not trying to gush about the thing or convince anyone to like it, just kind of thinking out loud as I ended up liking it way more than I thought I ever would
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 11:32 PM   #257
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

I have 7 1/2 scales and they’re all between about 38” to 41”.

So even stretched out, this 19” statue will be completely dwarfed by them. So it’ll definitely pair better with other 1/3 scale statues, rather than 1/2 scales.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 11:48 PM   #258
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yet this Wolverine is extremely hunched over isn't he?
..yes?
Old 04-03-2024, 11:52 PM   #259
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I have 7 1/2 scales and they?re all between about 38? to 41?.

So even stretched out, this 19? statue will be completely dwarfed by them. So it?ll definitely pair better with other 1/3 scale statues, rather than 1/2 scales.

Even though this is between common scales, it will definitely look better with 1/3, since Wolverine is so much smaller than average (or rather, even taller typical superheroes) characters.

A 1/2 Wolvie would only be about 31"...standing straight. So this hunched one is sure to look undersized with other 1/2.
Old 04-04-2024, 12:00 AM   #260
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I think the reason this stylistic approach gets a pass from me is because I view it more of a celebration of the character instead of an idealistic version. All the things that make Wolverine awesome pushed to the limits. I said before I had wished it was 1/4 scale but I don?t know if it would have been as successful, it wouldn?t have the same impact. this thing is brutal, uncompromising and outrageous just like the man himself

Really not trying to gush about the thing or convince anyone to like it, just kind of thinking out loud as I ended up liking it way more than I thought I ever would
Normally I like more 'realistic length' claws, but these look so much like MvC Wolvie. In shape, length, and also, somehow, like they could move independently...

Maybe it's because of the angle they're coming out of the knuckles. Normally I'd complain about it, but it looks 'right', here.