Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-29-2019, 11:58 PM   #2651
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
the simple fact that the Nightking smiled when the flames didn't do anything proves he's got some sort of personality, not to mention Crastor had a pact with them in exchange for his sons so they are intelligent enough to be reasoned with.
Good points I'd love to linger on...if he weren't dead...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:06 AM   #2652
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Just watching a little for the second time now as I type...

-I'm reminded that Melisandre said Varys was supposed to die as well...
-My point about attacking the White Walkers...I see Jon did attempt to go after them at the start on Rhaegal, but the Night King blizzard obscured them. Not the same as a small unit with Valyrian steel covertly seeking them out, but...
-Inconsistency regarding how dragonglass kills. Sometimes the wights decompose quickly, sometimes they disintegrate/shatter, the one Arya kills in the library dies like a normal human would...
-Melisandre/Arya: the foreshadowing I referenced in my long post - does it make sense? "Brown eyes, green eyes, DEEP BLUE EYES". This sends Arya on her way...but does she know the Night King has deep blue eyes? Also, Melisandre echoes Syrio by saying "What do we say to the God of Death?" Does she know that through a vision, because she's from Braavos, or was she really Syrio? Guessing the first.
-It's not a big difference, but I definitely preferred Richard Brake as Night King.
-There should have been a scene where Dany on Drogon blazes wights surrounding Jon, and discovers he's fire resistant too.

Overall, I stand by my critique, BUT it's easier to appreciate a lot more moments/set pieces and plot points upon second viewing.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:54 AM   #2653
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
Couldn't see ---- half the time and the actual tactics used... well they had no tactics.
SEE!!!! I said this from the start! Ugh.

Their first step should have been to establish an engagement area—a space in which they establish obstacles to disrupt and canalize the enemy so that they can be destroyed with direct and indirect fire.

Take the Dothraki cavalry. Putting that squadron forward of the main line of infantry was doctrinally correct, but the allied commanders did not put it to proper use: screening the allied lines and gaining active intelligence on the enemy.

Any able field artillery officer could tell you that heavy-caliber indirect-fire weapons need to be positioned such that they’re both protected and mutually supportive of surrounding units.

You might have noticed that we haven’t yet talked about the allied forces’ most powerful—and most misused—asset: close air support.

https://www.wired.com/story/game-of-...Kdb7gKf_h8sf0o
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:56 AM   #2654
MrYac
Hercules

as a wise woman from Volantis once said "The show is dark and full of errors"
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:04 AM   #2655
built2shred
Phoenix

I think some of you guys are over thinking it, for me it was a fun episode to watch... I'm glad Arya got the final blow on the Night King... she's defiantly one of my favorites on the show..

I'm guessing the last 3 episodes will be about the battle they will have with Cersei...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:16 AM   #2656
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Overthinking is the only thinking I do.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:29 AM   #2657
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Comments in bold purple I watched the episode again last night too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Just watching a little for the second time now as I type...

-I'm reminded that Melisandre said Varys was supposed to die as well...

Didn't recall that until you said it, but I can also see Varys killing some more people for the good of the realm.

-My point about attacking the White Walkers...I see Jon did attempt to go after them at the start on Rhaegal, but the Night King blizzard obscured them. Not the same as a small unit with Valyrian steel covertly seeking them out, but...

A small unit wouldn't stand a chance. Maybe Arya chucking dragon glass darts from the top of a tree, but any horsed or man walking might kill one before getting destroyed.

-Inconsistency regarding how dragonglass kills. Sometimes the wights decompose quickly, sometimes they disintegrate/shatter, the one Arya kills in the library dies like a normal human would...

I caught that too. I also thought that whole scene was out of character for the Whites. They were never slow and zombie like. They always seemed like avid hunters. More like the infected, quick movers from World War Z not Walking Dead Walkers.

-Melisandre/Arya: the foreshadowing I referenced in my long post - does it make sense? "Brown eyes, green eyes, DEEP BLUE EYES". This sends Arya on her way...but does she know the Night King has deep blue eyes? Also, Melisandre echoes Syrio by saying "What do we say to the God of Death?" Does she know that through a vision, because she's from Braavos, or was she really Syrio? Guessing the first.

She doesn't say deep. Just ..."and blue eyes". I'm left wondering if the green eyes are the foreshadowing of Cersei being checked off Arya's list.

I took it that she knows the saying because she is very familiar with Braavosi and other cultures. Just like she speaks to Greyworm and they exchange "All men must die" "All men must serve". Also I can't recall, but Jaqen may have also said the quote once too.

-It's not a big difference, but I definitely preferred Richard Brake as Night King.

Can't say I noticed much of a change. You have a sharp eye.

-There should have been a scene where Dany on Drogon blazes wights surrounding Jon, and discovers he's fire resistant too.

Maybe he's not fire resistant. Are we saying he is? It seems like he is magic in some way because I don't know how he didn't get shot by arrows in the Battle of the Bastards

Overall, I stand by my critique, BUT it's easier to appreciate a lot more moments/set pieces and plot points upon second viewing.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:47 AM   #2658
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sansa and Tyrions Convo in the Crypt that their marriage will never workout simply because Tyrion is an Ally of the DragonQueen just makes me puke.. Damn Girl! wake up that DragonQueen you hate so much is risking her life to fight the whitewalkers just to keep the people of the North Safe. I am sooo glad Missandei shut her off.

Missandei to Sansa "without that Dragonqueen we will all be dead already."
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:29 AM   #2659
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I have never, ever considered that before. Is that the route you went for this, or other works?
Heard the Witcher Books on Audible, absolutley captivating. Thoroughly recommend it. Will def buy GOT now.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:32 AM   #2660
Augen
Green Arrow

After Stannis depiction in adaptation at Winterfell I gave up hope for actual middle age battle tactics. The books are the history, the show is the movie. It's like watching Braveheart and comparing it to Scottish history.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote