Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-15-2020, 01:40 PM   #26831
Wizard
Justice League

Not sure how I missed this Jason Statham film - Killer Elite, from 2011. It co-stars DeNiro as his mentor/partner and Clive Owen as the nemesis. Based on a true story taking place in the 80s. Intriguing and good action/fight sequences, including a well-done fight between Statham/Owen. Solid 8/10.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 02:42 PM   #26832
SONICobra
Batman

that sounds like something id like to see, gonna try to rent it this weekend
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 11:00 PM   #26833
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Iron Man 3 (2013) - When Tony Stark's world is torn apart by a formidable terrorist called the Mandarin, he starts an odyssey of rebuilding and retribution.

I like this a little more every time I watch it. I like that Robert Downey Jr. is mostly Tony Stark instead of Iron Man. I like Ben Kingsley as Trevor, the fake Mandarin. And I really like that it's a Christmas movie. 7/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 12:23 AM   #26834
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Butterfly Effect 7/10
Old 07-16-2020, 12:59 AM   #26835
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post

Iron Man 3 (2013) - When Tony Stark's world is torn apart by a formidable terrorist called the Mandarin, he starts an odyssey of rebuilding and retribution.

I like this a little more every time I watch it. I like that Robert Downey Jr. is mostly Tony Stark instead of Iron Man. I like Ben Kingsley as Trevor, the fake Mandarin. And I really like that it's a Christmas movie. 7/10
When I originally saw this in theaters I didn't like it much but the other day I was watching it on TV and for whatever reason I liked it a lot more the 2nd time around. The Story didn't seem so ridiculous like it did the 1st time I watched it...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 11:58 AM   #26836
Python
Omega Red

I didn't get the hate for IM: 3 from the very get go, I think it's a pretty decent movie. But then I'm not invested at all in the Mandarin character, so that's probably why....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 02:52 PM   #26837
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I didn't get the hate for IM: 3 from the very get go, I think it's a pretty decent movie. But then I'm not invested at all in the Mandarin character, so that's probably why....
Me neither. I've stated in this forum before that I liked this installment (and a helluva lot more than "Iron Man 2") and for the very reason cited above, it was more Stark than IM and thereby more character refinement. It was co-written and directed by Shane Black, who has a penchant for these off-kilter buddy movies ("Kiss Kiss Bang Bang", "The Nice Guys", etc. [we'll overlook "The Predator", okay]). As far as the Mandarin's handling goes, I thought it deftly sidestepped the whole "Yellow Peril" stereotype/landmine. 7/10

P.S. It ought to be interesting to see how Black handles the announced "Doc Savage" movie (with Dwayne Johnson).
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 03:16 PM   #26838
SONICobra
Batman

the fire breathing lava people and looney tunes sound effects on that p.o.s. mk 42 armor ruined it for me
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 03:32 PM   #26839
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

The Eyes of my Mother - interesting black and white horror movie about a girl who, after a tragedy, grew up with an insane fear of being alone, and as an adult it became an obsession to not be alone no matter the cost. A lot of interesting and thought provoking ideas in this movie, they did a good job at exploring all sorts of things a person in this situation and with this disorder would do, lots of disturbing things that I would never have thought but made sense for a person like this to do - 7.5/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 03:59 PM   #26840
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I think IM3 boils down to 2 groups

the haters - were upset that Marvel promoted the Mandarin to be the big bad in this movie, got people in the seats, then completely pulled the rug out from under them. Haters were mainly Mandarin fans, or fans excited to see Iron Man face his #1 nemesis in epic on screen fashion

the takers - were not big fans of the Mandarin, did not go into the movie expecting/hoping to see a Mandarin vs Iron Man battle, were OK with whatever twists and turns and villains Marvel would present and in turn did not go through the let down/disappointment of the above group

Im in the hater group, for me the let down of the "Mandarin" reveal destroyed everything I wanted to see in this movie and all the buildup Marvel falsely advertised (instead we got fire breathing people...?)
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote