Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-27-2017, 12:41 AM   #261
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I'll probably see Suicide Squad soon. I'm not really jumping to see it though.
Please don't waste your time. I watched the extended cut a few weeks back and want that 2+ hours of my life back. Terrible movie, IMHO.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:38 AM   #262
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
I can't remember the details of the whole Spider-Man 2 fiasco. But that got the reboot after two movies and the cast was fine for the most part too.

I saw a story about the new director on The Batman but the story mentioned that Ben Affleck's name wasn't mentioned in the release. Add in some recent comments from actors involved in Justice League, make me think the reception of Justice League and Wonder Woman will have an impact on what happens with future movies.

I'll probably see Suicide Squad soon. I'm not really jumping to see it though.
The Spidey reboot has as much to do with the financial realities of Sony studios as anything else. ASM2 made money, but not Avengers money. When Sony's financial dire straits were made known Disney/Marvel Studios tendered a partnership to get their flagship character in the fold by offering to share their fanbase and merchandising with Sony. In that case a recast was necessitated by bringing Spidey to the MCU without baggage.

Squad isn't at all a great film; but it was a fun enough diversion if you are not looking for something too deep. As with anything, watch it and form your own opinion.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 03-27-2017 at 01:40 AM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:03 AM   #263
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Please don't waste your time. I watched the extended cut a few weeks back and want that 2+ hours of my life back. Terrible movie, IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Squad isn't at all a great film; but it was a fun enough diversion if you are not looking for something too deep. As with anything, watch it and form your own opinion.
I only want to see Suicide Squad to see Batman's scenes with Joker. Also for Harley Quinn. I know little to nothing about the Suicide Squad. I only own the recent #1 with Jim Lee art. Which was ok. And I saw the early episodes on Arrow which were good.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:58 AM   #264
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Looks and feels more like a music video than a movie trailer. And enough of the slo-mo scenes, bit of overkill at this point.

I wonder if all the DC Universe heroes and villains go to the beach together and play volleyball when the sun is out and shining and then go back to fighting once the clouds roll in?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:14 AM   #265
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
I only want to see Suicide Squad to see Batman's scenes with Joker. Also for Harley Quinn. I know little to nothing about the Suicide Squad. I only own the recent #1 with Jim Lee art. Which was ok. And I saw the early episodes on Arrow which were good.
Watch the movie ,Harley is great and is so Deadshot. Go in with low expectations the movie was edited by a marketing company after all.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:47 AM   #266
damienjakk
Sailor Moon

damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:56 AM   #267
Iko Iko
Fantomah

I was disappointed in the trailer. Really DC, "Come Together" as the music. It just didn't feel epic to me like this movie should. Some of the scenes looked pretty good but others (like Cyborg's terrible CGI) took me out of it. I am a big DC fan but this trailer did not get me too excited for the movie. With that being said, I will still go and I hope it is a great movie.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:48 PM   #268
Marvelito

I just saw the trailer and it looks par for the course. I have enjoyed all three DC films to varying degrees, and I plan on going to see this one opening weekend. Despite enjoying the films I honestly don't feel any real excitement about them. I mean, I only now watched the trailer. As for the color palette of these films, I think that it just works better for most of the DC heroes on film. Batman as we know operates at night for the most part, and Cyborg and Flash have a lot of glowy lights that go with their powers so they look better in the dark, even WW causes sparks when she uses her shield and gauntlets. That just leaves Aquaman as the odd man out, and he fades into the background a bit because his suit is dark. I think if you want to see a brighter film you'll get it with the WW film. That one appears to take place in the day time in many scenes, at least as far as the trailer goes. I just think that the JL films and many of the solo films will be dark, it's just the way this film universe was conceived. Anyway, trailer looks fine and not much different than the rest, so again I will be hoping for the best.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:07 PM   #269
moon_knight1971
Rescue

The fan boy in me wants this to succeed but DCs recent track record has be simply hoping for the best. I immediately noticed, at least in the trailer, this will be more light hearted and with bits of comedy throw in ala Marvel template. I'm all for it if it works but its hard to compete when the foundation you're using is shaky at best. I know a lot of people seem to like JMs Aquaman but he's nowhere near the King of Atlantis based on what they've shown thus far. It feels rushed (again) but it will still make money due to character love. Let's hope its good.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:17 PM   #270
Philintheblank

I don't know...not excited for this one. Feels copy and pasted...spend some time putting the team together and go fight bad guys. Granted, this is an opinion formed by seeing a couple of trailers, but that's the vibe I'm getting. They would've been better served to go the marvel route and put out a film or two for each character and introduce them to the public. Hopefully I'm wrong and this works out because DC needs a win...badly.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote