Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #2711
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Can I have one without nets ?

I'd even buy a damage returned if you took those damn leg nets off.

C'mon Sideshow cut me a break pleeeeease.
Dude, why don't you do it yourself? Same thing as if SS did it.

I am under the impression you have the money and probably resources (especially if you have the money) to do a simple customizing of an otherwise flawless statue.

Yeah, yeah, I know about the I shouldn't have to do extra for $2K ra ra ra.....but it's the one benefit you have when you have the means to do it. And no one should feel ashamed about that.

Not attacking you Dirt, but clearly, it seems you really like the statue. Its a shame you are passing on an otherwise absolutely dynamic statue that will NEVER be done again. Do you see another 1/3 Wolf statue like this being done again? I sure as hell don't...and you are passing all due to (Netting?)
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #2712
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I don't really care to. You may want to think twice before calling people suckers.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #2713
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Thanks for the response and not responding as if I was bashing you because I was not. You answered my question.

For the record, I like how Jerry is doing things over at PCS as well. And I also know about the bs practices of big business / corporations.

I would be negative toward SS if there was no return policy. I would have to be much harsher, but seeing as how I can return a statue if not up to standards, that's why I don't blast SS to smithereens.

I have in the past though with the Rogue PF and Psylocke paint problems, amongst a few other tragedies to come out of SS. Its just few and far between IMO. Their good more than outweighs the bad. I mean just where the hell am I going to get such a magnificent piece like Arthas, or Lady Death PF, or Skaar? I wouldn't. Even Rhino (with his lightweight ass) is a statue that I don't see any other company, or hell custom for that matter come close to the magnificence. It also helps mine came flawlessly though.
SS' return policy is their last saving grace IMO and I do constantly tout it as a good thing here if you look at my past posts. But even with the policy I am not willing to preorder, I do not want to go through the hassle of getting my hopes up then getting them dashed and having to send it back. I'll wait for in hand pics. I also don't think that SS work (even the ones you mentioned that come out good) are head and shoulders above other companies :| It's great sure, but so are many others.

Also a note on the nets, I'm not so sure if it is a simple customization. It looks like it might not be pinned or otherwise "anchored" at the pelvis area, but instead top to bottom in which case it is not so easy. And seriously it's 2 grand already :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #2714
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Customizers can darn near do anything...lol. Its possible.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #2715
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Would have liked to have picked this up in about 3 months. Oh well, can't have everything.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #2716
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:

I am under the impression you have the money and probably resources (especially if you have the money) to do a simple customizing of an otherwise flawless statue.

Yeah, yeah, I know about the I shouldn't have to do extra for $2K ra ra ra.....but it's the one benefit you have when you have the means to do it. And no one should feel ashamed about that.

Not attacking you Dirt, but clearly, it seems you really like the statue. Its a shame you are passing on an otherwise absolutely dynamic statue that will NEVER be done again. Do you see another 1/3 Wolf statue like this being done again? I sure as hell don't...and you are passing all due to (Netting?)
I think it was Computerfly who said they wont come off cleanly. If the factory did it for me they wouldn't have the marks etc.

If it was a case of just tearing them off I'd have bought it without a second thought.

I'll just have to let this one slip until a cheap one comes up on ebay.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #2717
ComputerFly
The Phantom

I think is officially the most argumentative thread I've ever participated in, in all my years here at SF, lol!

And yes, I did say the nets are glued to the open areas of the legs, and could possibly remove the paint if you try and pull them off. I don't think that is enough to stop someone who is determined to remove them though. The touch-ups could easily be done. I just didn't want someone to go ripping the net off without a little heads-up about how they were attached.
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #2718
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Anyway just to let you guys know its already "wait list"!

www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=36173&sku=400093
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #2719
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:

It's done well, but I definitely can't agree with that.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #2720
ComputerFly
The Phantom

So, jaguargod.. you've been EXTREMELY vocal in this thread, but by your own admission, you don't own ANY of the top tier 'licensed' statues... no P1 Maquette, no CM Predator and no Wolf Predator. So, can you please explain which pieces you do own, and why none of the other pieces are of value to you? And yes, I agree with you that this piece is far from flawless, but it's still a phenomenal sculpt and great art.
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote