Mephisto

ES of 1250.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:00 AM   #2742
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
We all have to sit down eventually lol..I really wanted to dig this Mag but the cape did me in....Sorry but mix media is a no no on this in my opinion..Really cheapens it and this is not cheap either. What do think of the Daniel Bel RCB Magneto Custom Statue?
We do lol. I just prefer my character statues to be more dynamic.

Which is why I like the Daniel Bel custom. The pose is excellent. The body sculpt is good. I could nitpick some of the details and there’s elements I prefer on the ss costume better, just as there’s things I prefer on the XM better. But it’s a good statue. I like how it updates the classic costume without going overboard. It got the purple inside the chest plate armor/neck/upper chest correct which ss and XM didn't (they used red). But at the same time I prefer the chest plate to be rounded like XM did, not squared like ss did.

I also prefer the emblem on the front center of the helmet to be purple and not red. Stands out better that way and in most comics it is purple.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:05 AM   #2743
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

I prefer SS pf to bel's magneto, when i think about it SS mags is the 2nd best 1/4 magneto imo, its the spikes on the base that just look kinda not good, hopefully they are removable.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:08 AM   #2744
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Laughable ES for EX.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:16 AM   #2745
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Bels mag all day any day
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:02 PM   #2746
Korath24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Do you guys think there is any possibility at all of a custom sculpted cape for this statue when it comes out? Or would that just lead to leaning issues given the pose of the piece?
Korath24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:31 PM   #2747
AC_808
Hercules

If its a heavy sculpted cape, then I can see leaning issues later down the line. Unless of course the heavy cape balances out with the statues weight and Mag's right leg acts as the balancing point.

A light sculpted cape is a better bet to prevent leaning issues.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:41 PM   #2748
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath24 View Post
Do you guys think there is any possibility at all of a custom sculpted cape for this statue when it comes out? Or would that just lead to leaning issues given the pose of the piece?
I don't think I've ever seen a custom sculpted cape replacing a fabric one (other way around, yes). You'd need peg slots to anchor the sculpted cape into the body, the engineering would be a challenge since the body design for a fabric cape would lack these slots (see the Prime 1 Hush superman as a proxy).

With that said, I don't think the cape on this is a deal breaker. As long as the body is full sculpt I can live with a nice fabric cape that can be posed well. The Iron Studios Darth Vader is a perfect example, and heck that won statue of the year in 2017!
aa909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:04 PM   #2749
Korath24
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't mind the fabric cape on here either. I think people are making WAY too big a deal out of it. I would have preferred sculpted but this fabric cape is just fine. Was just curious at the prospect of a custom, but you're right, the engineering would be a challenge. Didn't think of that.
Korath24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #2750
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath24 View Post
Unless there is a long rod running up the body of Mags, I would not add a sculpted cape, unless the custom cape comes with a strategically placed support. You would think statues with sculpted cape factor's in the additional weight, so the statue would be strengthen to support it, but since this comes with a fabric cape a may only have sufficient support for it.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote