Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-02-2021, 12:55 PM   #271
actionjackson83
Midnighter

1300 ES is high? Lol have you see sideshow's 5k Edition sizes?
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 12:58 PM   #272
tarim69
Sailor Moon

I'd want to order thru Spec.
I have the other spots open more because Im curious to see if it even comes up for PO at all on those sites.

However... CC had positive feedback on FB but that could mean nothing, as anyone can put up reviews.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 01:01 PM   #273
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
However... CC had positive feedback on FB but that could mean nothing, as anyone can put up reviews.
As mentioned, their aggressive guerrilla-marketing campaign on this site is enough to turn me off from them. Very disingenuous to try to disguise their marketing as satisfied customers providing feedback. Doesn’t give me any faith in them as a company.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 01:34 PM   #274
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Tnx for heads up
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 02:09 PM   #275
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
Tnx for heads up
Funny it should come up because I'm pretty sure that individual got banned from this site (can't find his posts) and now I see that he/she is over on Sideshowcollectors still shilling for Comic Concepts.
Old 07-02-2021, 02:55 PM   #276
StefanCo
Birdman

Prime 1 Phoenix Joker was an edition size of 2600. The statue doesn't lack quality cause of it, so as long as they can keep the quality up and just give more people the chance to own the statue, why not.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 06:02 PM   #277
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I don't care about their 'sold out' posts, nor am I worried about QC issues, what I was emphasizing was, at what point does exclusivity go out the window? 1,300--while not as large as some sideshow pieces--is not a small ES in this hobby.

Some don't care, but to others the low ES is an added allure to JND. I'm not bashing them as they're a company and their #1 goal is to profit as mush as possible, so increasing the ES for such a popular character was a no brainer. But to do it to the extent of which they did upsets some customers as it dilutes the exclusivity factor.
If you're in this hobby long enough, you'll learn words like "exclusivity", "limited", "Sold-Out", "Grail"... don't really mean sh!t anymore.

Eliminate your FOMO because there's always something better on the horizon.

I also seem to recall a few years ago, a certain studio had "sold out" pieces that commanded some insane prices... only because resellers and other individuals were stock piling these items. Remember some of those photos on facebook?
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:48 PM   #278
The World
Justice League

I'm curious as to how they can maintain quality with the edition sizes they're pushing now. Not being a naysayer, but genuinely curious if they can deliver.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 08:00 PM   #279
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The World View Post
I'm curious as to how they can maintain quality with the edition sizes they're pushing now. Not being a naysayer, but genuinely curious if they can deliver.
If they were making two different statues in tandem, with an edition size of 650 each, it seems people wouldn't be as concerned that quality would suffer. For some reason when a company has a larger edition size for a single statue it seems to make people nervous.

It's really just about taking the time necessary to create a solid final product. Edition size doesn't necessarily equate to a decline in quality. With the success of their pre-orders so far it may be that they're able to bring in more artists and increase edition sizes.
Old 07-02-2021, 08:24 PM   #280
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
It's really just about taking the time necessary to create a solid final product. Edition size doesn't necessarily equate to a decline in quality. With the success of their pre-orders so far it may be that they're able to bring in more artists and increase edition sizes.
.... don't forget that some of these companies use the same factories to produce their products.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote