Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-13-2021, 09:30 AM   #271
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Ultimately it’s the collector’s decision. We knew the price and the switch outs. For those that really liked what they saw, POing with the ES still TBD probably wasn’t a major concern. Those that didn’t agree with the price point didn’t PO. With that being said, I’d prefer for them to set the ES upfront.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 09:54 AM   #272
schachi08
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The ES doesn't bother me at all in this case as long as the quality is still there.
My thoughts exactly.
schachi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:11 AM   #273
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Guys just think, there's more than 7 billion people on the planet....7 billion, so an ES this size, when you consider the global population, is extremely small.

This is a nice statue - sure it's expensive, what isn't? Plus you'd only spend that money on boring stuff like shopping, crack, or Red Light hangouts.....I maybe would have gotten this if the release didn't clash with other statues coming out at the same time.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:28 AM   #274
KOrigin
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Can't say I've ever looked at a statue and said wow I like it so much more because the ES is lower than others.

Bought it yesterday despite already owning the 1/3 scale prime 1 version, I really like the dynamic pose and comic book portrait.
KOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:29 AM   #275
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachi08 View Post
And just when I praised Queen in the SSC Batman Who Laughs thread for keeping their Edition Sizes lower for collectors, I see this.

Oh well, congrats to those who want this.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:55 AM   #276
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The ES is absurd. Perhaps next we'll see 30,000 ES just because no one cares about ES when they look at statues. Well, no one else might care but I do care. And when I see 3k ES sizes there's zero urgency to get the statue. And there's a multiplied risk around the difference between what that perfect 3D model shows and what will end up in collectors' hands. Factor in the price and the decision is even easier. Edition Sizes do matter in this hobby. We haven't gotten to a point when they are irrelevant and if we ever approximate that scenario, I'm out.
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:03 AM   #277
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Isn't this ES based on actual orders they got? Those that wanted the bonus part ordered with in a short period. Also they didn't keep it TBD for like 6 months. I honestly don't see the issue with the ES.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:04 AM   #278
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
The ES is absurd. Perhaps next we'll see 30,000 ES just because no one cares about ES when they look at statues. Well, no one else might care but I do care. And when I see 3k ES sizes there's zero urgency to get the statue. And there's a multiplied risk around the difference between what that perfect 3D model shows and what will end up in collectors' hands. Factor in the price and the decision is even easier. Edition Sizes do matter in this hobby. We haven't gotten to a point when they are irrelevant and if we ever approximate that scenario, I'm out.
But, what would you suggest should be the ES on this piece? Especially since, as the ES gets lower, you get closer to "one of a kind" territory, and the price hits the moon....or beyond.

I get your point (generally) but this is a defined collectible with a limited edition of 2890 - it's a far cry from open edition, available on demand, like Coke bottle tops.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:14 AM   #279
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Isn't this ES based on actual orders they got? Those that wanted the bonus part ordered with in a short period. Also they didn't keep it TBD for like 6 months. I honestly don't see the issue with the ES.
Yep, has to be since it was announced so soon after the bonus items window expired. Didn't the piece just go up for order like last Thursday or Friday?

Other companies usually take months to announce an ES.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:26 AM   #280
chronos1919
Nightwing

Wow, that's a lot of interest in this statue if those numbers are based on pre-orders. I prefer lower edition sizes as well but good for Queen Studios if they're able to deliver on the final product and sell through that number of statues in short order.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote