Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-29-2019, 03:15 PM   #271
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO View Post
Some people are just too hard to please and no company should bother listening that small nit picking minority.
These statues are fairly expensive when taking into account shipping, so it's understandable people may want what they consider as a perfect version. Probably because I'm new to this community, I think all these new XM statues look great and don't have any real complaints yet. I like coming to this forum to listen to others perspectives though.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 05:58 PM   #272
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish3183 View Post
These statues are fairly expensive when taking into account shipping, so it's understandable people may want what they consider as a perfect version. Probably because I'm new to this community, I think all these new XM statues look great and don't have any real complaints yet. I like coming to this forum to listen to others perspectives though.
The problem is when 90% of people are fine with the statue and the small minority tries to get it changed to fit their personal taste.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 06:40 PM   #273
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
The problem is when 90% of people are fine with the statue and the small minority tries to get it changed to fit their personal taste.
Inconveniencing everyone for a tiny percentage of the population is the way of the world now. I'll be taking Colossus on an airplane because it's my stress statue.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 07:04 PM   #274
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I watched the video of them putting this together on YouTube. Looks great to me. In pictures it kind of looks meh.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:49 PM   #275
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
I'm new, so I can't say whether companies have done that in the past. Seems like it'd be costly to change it so late in the process. Definitely understand your point though.

I'm on the fence about Colossus myself. I initially thought it'd be a day one PO but price has me thinking twice. I think I can get the new SS Wolverine and Rogue for around the same cost. Might pair well with the Cyclops and Gambit I have on PO.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:00 PM   #276
Mister H
Ultimates

I didn’t think anyone was trying to get anything changed. I just thought folks were posting their thoughts on a forum about statues.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:51 AM   #277
built2shred
Phoenix

If enough people do complain about certain aspects of XM statues, XM (at least in the past) was always willing to make changes before production begins...

So it doesn't hurt to point out certain aspects of things you think could be improved on.... IE (removing the blue lipstick on Emma)… At the same time you do have to realize that sometimes things you don't like about a statue is what other people do like about a statue..

My only nitpick about Colossus would be to tighten up the cables to match the expression he's making on his face. Otherwise I think the statue looks great...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:55 PM   #278
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Hmmm...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CW.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	124181   Click image for larger version

Name:	4lbs_jugg_004nckgj.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	124182  
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:58 PM   #279
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Hmmm...
I would take a Colossus from Deadpool 2, that would be amazing......as long as he’s not giving Juggy an enema that is.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:20 AM   #280
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

No chance for Sideshows first PF, this blows him out of the park.

Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote