Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-06-2021, 10:45 AM   #281
Puni
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

This post says it all. Good work Python.

I doubt they will reduce it. The Limited Closed Mouth will be produced, I’m not so certain about the others. Do you guys think this will be discounted on a sale or something down the road? I heard something about a December sale. I want to I’m just unwilling to pay their asking price.
i highly doubt they will include it in a sale as long as it is a preorder. after release, i am sure, this will be in it, but not so fast and especially not this year ( only a month after the start of the pre-order).
Puni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 11:04 AM   #282
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Dundees reply to this was pretty perfect. So I'll just add that you say this as if it were a bad thing. Believe me, I want this bust as much as you do. I think most of us in this thread would. But as disappointed as I am to not be having this head with my expensive statue. This being cancelled will be nothing short of a moral victory. If it actually sells well (Which I highly doubt) Then we'll be sealing our own fate in this hobby. As Dundee said, the only situation that this ends up good for all of us is if Prime 1 tuck their tail between their legs, reduce the price and admit their mistake. We'd still be annoyed that they tried for sure, but that would go a long way to repairing the damage they have done to their reputation, and it'd make them a lot more sales in the process. I doubt this will happen obviously. This will always be remembered as the time that Prime 1 pushed us too far, and that's a shame. I can afford this, I really want this (And the damaged mask weirdly) But I'm not paying it...
I'm still keeping my preorder. I can cancel it at any time if the final product will be as bad as that 1:4 Big Game monstrocity.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 11:16 AM   #283
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
I'm still keeping my preorder. I can cancel it at any time if the final product will be as bad as that 1:4 Big Game monstrocity.

That's fine, nobody here is going to have a go at you for ordering something you want. It's a pipe dream anyway that we'll all get on the same page and stand together one day. I really did think that this might be the scenario where we did however, simply due to the price which is actually insane for what's on offer.

Although that said, it does seem like most of us who are usually excited about these things are restraining ourselves. So I 'm sorry for you if this is cancelled, but I'm equally happy that Prime 1 will face a hard lesson if it is. I suspect the limited version will be produced, just in significantly smaller numbers than they want to sell.

And again, the cynic in me suspects that they have made the closed mouth the limited one, knowing that it's the head that we all want. This way they can try their usual bull***t tactics of slapping a low quantity warning on it at some point to play on that good old FOMO. Just like they did with the full statue, and that was nonsense also. Now that I think about it, I love and hate Prime 1 equally at this point, they make some wonderful stuff, but the way they go about things leaves a lot to be desired at times....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 11:24 AM   #284
Jungle Demon
Hydra

They should definitely lower limited edition numbers to 300 and focus on high end paint job.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 11:26 AM   #285
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
They should definitely lower limited edition numbers to 300 and focus on high end paint job.
We've seen time and time again that ES numbers have no affect on the overall quality I'm afraid. But There's no way they are making 1500 of these things now. If the price was right, they might have shifted even that large amount fairly quickly...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 01:52 PM   #286
qz33
Graviton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
We've seen time and time again that ES numbers have no affect on the overall quality I'm afraid. But There's no way they are making 1500 of these things now. If the price was right, they might have shifted even that large amount fairly quickly...
ES has very little to do with quality. Factory comes up with whatever production procedure to manufacturer and it is the same whether they are making 200 or 2000.
High ES can get them to reuse the molds too many times without making enough masters but they don't care because people actually willing to forgo having a statue are few are far between and cost to produce each piece is soooooo disconnected from the retail price.

They put 1500 because they really don't know how foolish collectors will be and it's always a better look to reduce ES at delivery than to regret not increasing it...
They aren't interested is sales volume but profit volume. It's all one big total ES because these are all the same bust with literally a couple different parts which are also part of the same 3 statues...
Prime 1 was WELL aware of the sales/cost trade off prior to their decision. These busts are their gravy. How many people have really cancelled the whole statue from this bust pricing vs. how many were already likely prior to all this?

Reminds me of college. Here in the states classes are credited and charged per semester hour. Nearly every school charges the same rate though for 12-16 hours and charge hourly for less or more than that range. So you are getting a discount if you take the extra 4 hours right? Right?

No because unless dedicated to study most people only want to take and only successfully complete 12 hours per semester. Colleges and statue companies are the same in they have bean counters that run these number everyday with actual data for full time jobs. We just have our own experience and each other for a few posts per day.
It's all perspective but always in higher favor of the seller.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 03:54 PM   #287
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah I don't really mean about this piece per se but the hobby and producer mentality overall.

There's just an underlying current that has been exposed, a raw nerve. Regardless of reasons- price, options, final result, delays, broken promises, greener grass, FOMO, or one's own addiction- people are tired of feeling like The Fool.
Nothing new to me... Hell I remeber people going to hate on kakims instagram and stuff over denyrs :P People been complaining about ---- forever.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 05:26 PM   #288
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I was interested at getting this bust but not at stupid high price...I'm at a point with Prime 1 that if it's a good statue after production I'm paying the high price and shipping and customs if it turns out bad I'm happy to loose the deposit and get my refund and save shipping and customs.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 09:34 PM   #289
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

They will dramatically cut the ES on this to try to sway on the fence buyers to fork over the crazy cash. If they drop it to somewhere b/w 100-200 and fix that right eye, I most likely would get duped into getting the closed mouth. Sad to say, but I do want this pretty bad.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 01:01 AM   #290
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

There is no need to fix the eye as that IS the look they were going for.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote