Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-08-2020, 05:37 PM   #281
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
what were the main items people never received? was it mainly prime 1 stuff?
I never got my p1 triceratops from them.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:08 PM   #282
dechirico7
The Flash

Just got a full refund from Partial.ly for my Jareth. I will bank it, hope that he eventually gets released by someone.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:31 PM   #283
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Would think that sideshow has an inside track with them and I see they just posted more preorders from them
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:33 PM   #284
allosaur176
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I just got a refund from Partial.ly for the Robocop bust, now I just have the 1/5 trike bust, 1/1 male raptor bust and JP Goggles on order that I paid through the PayPal payment plan. Hopefully Chronicle does the right thing and refunds us.
allosaur176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:38 PM   #285
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I’m still hoping they deliver the goods to you guys but have to admit if I had a preorder in with them right now I would be very concerned.
That being said side show just it up a preorder for Arnold terminator bust from them.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:46 PM   #286
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by allosaur176 View Post
I just got a refund from Partial.ly for the Robocop bust, now I just have the 1/5 trike bust, 1/1 male raptor bust and JP Goggles on order that I paid through the PayPal payment plan. Hopefully Chronicle does the right thing and refunds us.
I’m in the same boat with the same pre orders plus the StarGate Fossil. I wonder if we are covered thru PayPal?
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:05 PM   #287
Boboli
Fantastic Four

Product refund ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Just got a full refund from Partial.ly for my Jareth. I will bank it, hope that he eventually gets released by someone.
What products are people getting refunded for ???
Boboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:39 PM   #288
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Would think that sideshow has an inside track with them and I see they just posted more preorders from them
Wasn't PCS going through some issues and they worked out some distribution deal with SSC?

But i don't recall PCS being on the brink of bankruptcy like Chronicle Collectibles.

Looking back on it, it was pretty stupid of me to pay up front in full for the Rambo 2 statue directly from PCS - what if PCS went under? Potentially could of lost all that money.

I think i did that for the EX "jade" necklace and the slight discount for paying in full. It took several years for that statue to be released.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:53 PM   #289
sabin23
Birdman

How is Partial.ly able to refund us?

Where are the funds coming from -on payment plans, do they collect the money for Chronicle Collectibles and hold it until the final product ships to the customer?

If not, where is the money coming from if are our monthly payments were being disbursed directly to Chronicle Collectibles? Partial.ly would try to collect from Chronicle until normal circumstances but they're possibly bankrupt now.

Is Partial.ly insured for cases like this when a company goes under? I guess I'm probably looking at this from the wrong perspective - perhaps there's some type of leverage or collateral pledged for their services.

Like others have reported, I received a flood of 19 Partial.ly emails this afternoon for $1,425 in refunds. But the email said 5-10 days turnaround so until I actually see the amounts credited back to my credit card, I'm going to be sweating it out.

I feel really bad for those affected at Chronicle Collectibles (the artists, office staff, etc.) who had nothing to do with this bankruptcy drama.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 12:16 AM   #290
clutch
Sailor Moon

I seem to remember people being forced to take Sideshow credits for undelivered PCS products.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote