Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-01-2011, 01:46 AM   #281
wolverinejedi007
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
I'm a Jedi Knight and friend of Captain Solo's
aren't you a little short to be a Jedi Knight??? I will admit you are scruffy looking
wolverinejedi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:52 AM   #282
GammaPro
Fantastic Four

I am a CWI (certified welding inspector) and a level 3 radiographic technician. Level 2 in all other types of NDE. I have been in radiation safety for the last few years.

So, my name of GammaPro refers to more than just my love of the Hulk.
GammaPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #283
dechirico7
The Flash

Graphic and Web designer here.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #284
Crossbonez74
I am da law!

I work as a Cyber Security Analyst.
Crossbonez74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #285
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

I own 2 businesses. One is packaging, assembly & warehousing business:

http://www.platinumpackaginginc.com/index.html

Nothing fancy, but it pays the bills.

2nd business just started up in December 2011 and has been in the process of having machinery setup for 2 1/2 months. We'll be a fully operational Mill working shop and looking to create plenty of manufacturing jobs in Philadelphia. All different types of wood based products, retail fixtures, etc......

If this goes the way it's shaping up, then I'll also be devoting myself within a year or 2 to local politics.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #286
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Started a courier business recently, but I'll probably still be doing VO primarily (and always, since I love it) until the former begins to make any sort of profit.
Basically decided to stop looking for teaching jobs, since moving back to CA. I'm not dedicating the time necessary to find one right now, and CA. teachers are still being sh!tcanned by the dozens. I don't want to step in front of someone who's waiting who legitimately has nothing else to turn to professionally.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #287
R Dorothy
Frackin!

I... Uh... Work as a Dietary Aide at a hospital and hate it. I was stupid and thought I could make something of myself by going to college, but I've ended up being pretty stuck after graduating.

I wonder if working with mostly all women is the problem (I have no issues with the few guys we have) or if I just ended up with some absolutely terrible females that all swarmed to the same spot. Nothing like hearing constant insults and the kiss-asses even getting away with racist comments to put a damper on your day!
R Dorothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #288
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Welcome to Statue Forum!

You do work that most people would be too uncomfortable to do, for people that need that help... thanks for your service.

Racism at a hospital? That's a new one. Sorry you have to deal with a few difficult co-workers. You said the men are decent individuals.. see if any of them are bothered by that stuff and go from there, unless you've tried that route already.

Racism anywhere sucks, but at a hospital it ABSOLUTELY doesn't belong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Dorothy View Post
I... Uh... Work as a Dietary Aide at a hospital and hate it. I was stupid and thought I could make something of myself by going to college, but I've ended up being pretty stuck after graduating.

I wonder if working with mostly all women is the problem (I have no issues with the few guys we have) or if I just ended up with some absolutely terrible females that all swarmed to the same spot. Nothing like hearing constant insults and the kiss-asses even getting away with racist comments to put a damper on your day!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #289
R Dorothy
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Welcome to Statue Forum!

You do work that most people would be too uncomfortable to do, for people that need that help... thanks for your service.

Racism at a hospital? That's a new one. Sorry you have to deal with a few difficult co-workers. You said the men are decent individuals.. see if any of them are bothered by that stuff and go from there, unless you've tried that route already.

Racism anywhere sucks, but at a hospital it ABSOLUTELY doesn't belong.
I still can't get over how nice people are at this place. Thanks so much for your kind words.

With Dietary the work really isn't so bad since it's mainly food preparation, cleaning dishes, and some miscellaneous chores; it's mainly the people that make me dread going it. The work only gets disgusting/hard if patients leave some things from themselves behind on a tray that comes back or you happen to come across something disturbing while delivering trays on the floors (I overheard a birth going wrong on the OB floor one day. I had a hard time getting over it).

Not just myself but several other people have tried to file complaints. The nun who runs our department doesn't care and is known for making you feel like dirt if you come to her with anything. It's a union job, so I've tried that route, but apparently they don't cover harassment, which is BS. I actually have a small book of complaints that I've written up and submitted. These aren't petty issues either.

Since her English isn't fantastic one the supervisors, who is quite a bully, targeted a Vietnamese worker we have. It broke my heart to see this woman in tears and saying that she wanted to kill herself. The supervisor was finally told to back off and all of the other employees write ups were thrown out, but a firing was completely called for.

The union did succeed in docking the supervisor's pay and getting them back into the union since they were doing union work but getting supervisor wages, which has made them all lash out and make our lives even more miserable. It's so bad I applied for House Keeping and have an interview Monday. I really hope I get it.

I'm really, really sorry for my rant there. It's just once I started I kept going and it felt really good to get it out.
R Dorothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #290
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Dorothy View Post
I'm really, really sorry for my rant there. It's just once I started I kept going and it felt really good to get it out.
Hahaha... rants are nothin' new here; no worries.

A Union that doesn't cover harrassment? That's crazy.

At least they came down on your supervisors a bit...that incident regarding the Vietnamese woman sounds horrible.

Good luck with the interview!