Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-13-2023, 07:03 PM   #29591
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I won't reveal spoilers, but what Captain Marvel is able to do at the end of the film kinda ruins the whole movie for me.
I know what you mean. I thought, "She can really do that? Come on, now."
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 07:16 PM   #29592
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I know what you mean. I thought, "She can really do that? Come on, now."
I thought why didn't she do that at the beginning of the movie? Then Marvel can save 200M to spend on a movie with a better script.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 01:52 PM   #29593
SONICobra
Batman

the killer (netflix) - 8/10

cool revenge thriller - fassbender was excellent, great cinematography and visuals. at first i thought it was a little boring which ironically i think was very intentional, i was wondering if i had stumbled across some art house experimental film disguised as a thriller but that only lasts about 10 minutes

there was one plot hole that is a little annoying although easily ignored. if anyone has seen the film and can explain maybe something i missed i might feel better about it

Spoiler
why did the two assassins sent to seemingly kill him after the botched job not wait for him to kill him? why rough up his girlfriend just enough to piss him off and leave witnesses that gave him a breadcrumb trail to follow? his employer knew where he was and had an expected time frame for him to arrive home, seemed a strange choice by professionals given the situation
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 02:35 PM   #29594
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I won't reveal spoilers, but what Captain Marvel is able to do at the end of the film kinda ruins the whole movie for me.
I've watched a bunch of spoiler reviews for the movie, because I have no intention of seeing it, but the whole story sounds complete garbage to me.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 02:52 PM   #29595
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Lady speaking here - I don't like Captain Marvel because she's stupidly OPed. Beyond ridiculous level and it annoys the hell out of me. The other two "Marvels" I like quite a lot, but I can't bring myself to go to the theatre because I can't stand Captain Marvel.

Now if my family says they want to go next week while I'm on vacation - I'm down because I NEED to see that amazing end scene in person.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 02:58 PM   #29596
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Now if my family says thewant to go next week while I'm on vacation - I'm down because I NEED to see that amazing end scene in person.
If you go in expecting amazing, you might be underwhelmed.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 03:02 PM   #29597
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Lady speaking here - I don't like Captain Marvel because she's stupidly OPed. Beyond ridiculous level and it annoys the hell out of me. The other two "Marvels" I like quite a lot, but I can't bring myself to go to the theatre because I can't stand Captain Marvel.

Now if my family says they want to go next week while I'm on vacation - I'm down because I NEED to see that amazing end scene in person.
It's not amazing.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 11:13 PM   #29598
Demona
Martian Manhunter

It’s something - really anything at this point. So to me it’s amazing lol
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 11:48 PM   #29599
MKS
Nightwing

I’m about to watch the final episode of Loki and thinking about why the Marvel movies are losing their mojo and I think it is related to all these multiverse, timeline jumping storylines. I never liked them in the comics and it loses people in the movie story telling also - IMO. I think they need to get back to more straightforward single universe and timeline stories. I have always felt that multiverse/time travel writing is a cheap way out and good writers should be able to come up with compelling stories within a current, single continuity.
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 01:00 AM   #29600
SONICobra
Batman

Im pretty sure it’s mostly due to the fact they keep putting out absolute garbage. pushing characters no one likes or cares about, mishandling characters people do care about, forcing humor where it doesnt belong and bastardizing iconic storylines to make a quick buck in addition to rushing just about every project resulting in what looks like exactly what it is - a half ass effort with no focus or direction
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote