Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-09-2016, 11:01 AM   #2961
BarrelCannon
Nightwing

lol I can't believe we are talking about Stan's signature still haha.

I damaged my Koto Spiderman's base(it got chipped at one part) when I took it to Fanexpo to get it signed by him.... but I wasn't even disappointed because for me the piece is priceless. I wouldn't sell my koto Spiderman unless I was forced to due to some personal crisis. It's more than just the signature to me. I got to speak to him briefly when he signed my figures and when I took pictures with him afterwards. So the signatures always remind me of that.

Even once I get the SS Spidey the koto one will always have a special place in my heart. So yes I do feel the money I spent to get it signed in person was worth it
BarrelCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #2962
Peedi
The Secret Six

It's no secret Spidey is my favorite character but I keep forgetting about this statue.

Day 1 order. Hell, probably first minute since I'm such a Spidey fanatic, and it still ain't here yet. I thought it was coming this month but now I don't even remember.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:29 AM   #2963
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Well I got my Spidey today and the statue is already a favorite. However mine came with a few paint flaws. Let's see if I could capture them with cell phone pics at night. His lower leg looks like it was maybe packaged up and some moisture got in to create weird squiggles in the paint. It also looks like there was some touch up done on the leg and on a paint chip on his lower rib. I sent pics to SS and now the wait.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spiderman2.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	96532   Click image for larger version

Name:	spiderman3.png
Views:	109
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	96533   Click image for larger version

Name:	spiderman1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	96534  
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:03 AM   #2964
bullethole
The Avengers

Is the Spider-Man PF on wait list due to paint issues?
bullethole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #2965
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
Well I got my Spidey today and the statue is already a favorite. However mine came with a few paint flaws. Let's see if I could capture them with cell phone pics at night. His lower leg looks like it was maybe packaged up and some moisture got in to create weird squiggles in the paint. It also looks like there was some touch up done on the leg and on a paint chip on his lower rib. I sent pics to SS and now the wait.
I can see them, but you have to really look, I wouldn't be too bent out of shape over it.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #2966
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
It's hardly noticeable to me as well. But hopefully SS can send you a little something for the minor flaws. Good luck!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:17 PM   #2967
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Yeah considering I wanted to try and get the pictures in right away, taking then at night with bad light was a bad choice. It's more noticeable in person. We will see what happens.
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 04:46 AM   #2968
mickey
The Avengers

Wow, they've messed up the paint ~_~;
Does it bother you guys to have those flaws on a statue you've spent a bit of money on?
mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:05 AM   #2969
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey View Post
Wow, they've messed up the paint ~_~;
Does it bother you guys to have those flaws on a statue you've spent a bit of money on?
Of course,
Maybe one day they will start making their statues in the US and monitor the QC better.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:55 AM   #2970
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
any news on your statue issue? did they provide a replacement? Mine suffered from issues like yours but minimal. they just gave me a partial discount.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote