Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 12-18-2008, 07:11 AM   #21
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
Thanks Alex, these comparisson pics are very helpful.

But please stop showing me that other Batman statue too!

What other Batman Statue! I dont see anything! Nothing shiny or black for that matter! LOL

Man U all the way!
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:16 AM   #22
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by averone View Post
What other Batman Statue! I dont see anything! Nothing shiny or black for that matter! LOL
Stop teasing!

That Hush Supes statue looks pretty cool too, I wish the larger one wasn't so expensive!!
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:23 AM   #23
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
Stop teasing!

That Hush Supes statue looks pretty cool too, I wish the larger one wasn't so expensive!!
I think Im ready to sell my mini S....
Need to make some room.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:44 AM   #24
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I really really really like this, its exactly how i think of batman and i just love how dynamic the cape is.

Might be my first Bat statue....

Thanks for the awesome pics!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #25
adee
Green Arrow

It's a great Batman. I have one and love it.
I know many aren't into it because it's pvc, but when he's on the shelf he blends right in with the resin pieces.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:28 AM   #26
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Just got a shipping notice yesterday from cornerstore for this. Can't believe I waited until the 3rd release to finally get one, lol. It's the definitive Batman statue thus far, IMO.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:03 PM   #27
msisaac
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Seams?

How clean is your Batman statue as far as the seams on the arms and legs? I bought one of these a few years ago and it looks like it was glued together by a two-year old. The seams are very noticeable at the bicep/shoulder area on the arms, as well as the neck/head join and the leg/torso join. Seriously, mine looks horrible and it's one of the reasons I've kept this in my closet for the past several years. It's like the parts came out of the mold and they didn't bother to shave the excess PVC off of the pieces before gluing them together. Very shoddy work.

Maybe they've made some changes to their assembly process since I first got mine, but I know I was very unhappy with this PVC POS.
msisaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:37 AM   #28
malakas
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

this was my first ever statue and to this day its the one i love the most
yes its pvc, yes they have released it many times, but boy is that pose and cape amazing!
for me its the definitive batman to date, anything else looks stupid and childish/toyish next to it.
malakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:52 AM   #29
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by msisaac View Post
How clean is your Batman statue as far as the seams on the arms and legs? I bought one of these a few years ago and it looks like it was glued together by a two-year old. The seams are very noticeable at the bicep/shoulder area on the arms, as well as the neck/head join and the leg/torso join. Seriously, mine looks horrible and it's one of the reasons I've kept this in my closet for the past several years. It's like the parts came out of the mold and they didn't bother to shave the excess PVC off of the pieces before gluing them together. Very shoddy work.

Maybe they've made some changes to their assembly process since I first got mine, but I know I was very unhappy with this PVC POS.
I have to say, this one is very clean. Maybe your right about the improvements at the factory. The pose is just beyond words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakas View Post
this was my first ever statue and to this day its the one i love the most
yes its pvc, yes they have released it many times, but boy is that pose and cape amazing!
for me its the definitive batman to date, anything else looks stupid and childish/toyish next to it.
Well, I wouldnt say the others look childish. I have a few batman that are fantastic to look at. Once I get a chance I will post all of my bats at once.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:57 PM   #30
Thundercloud
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msisaac View Post

I've just recently received the "New Edition" Supergirl (Batman hasnĀ“t arrived yet) and the seams on her right and left arms are still there:

So it see(a)ms not to be much improvement. I'll expect Batman to include them as well.

I wasn't collecting when these first came around so I was very happy when they announced the reissues and even more at the possibility of them removing the seams from the arms of the earlier versions, but no changes were made apparentely. But I have to say I never saw pictures of the earlier versions so I can't really compare.

I'm still very happy with it though. I think it's lovely.
Thundercloud is offline   Reply With Quote