Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #21
sharpnel
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
Sharpnel,
Are you getting your measurements from the base?
23"D seems too small. I thought it is 24" Deep???
Your set-up looks like it'll turn out great! I need to get a case for my Pred. but, I'm not sure how big I want it yet. I'm not too crazy about some pics I've seen of him in a case. Some cases look too big and he looks lost in them.

I'm thinking about 35"H x 25"W x 25"D
I agreed with Turtle. 23"D is plenty. From my measurement, 23"D would give 1" each apart from the front and the back of the base.

I decided not to give it too much room as this will be the standard size for my other CM such as T800 and maybe T850, TX and Superman.
sharpnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #22
bikiniboy13
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I have the Endo in a case that's 30" in height, paid $250 for the case, I wish now that I never would have gotten it 30" more like 28" would have been great. My TX is 13"W, 16"D and 27"H. reason i say that 30" is too much is cos CM's aren't small and they take up hella room. have that much head room fer the CM isn't really necessary, the acylic is clear, when i get the brains to post a pic of my stuff i will, my cubes also has beveled edges on the top, makes it look pretty cool. btw guys, if you fine a plastics distributor that will custom make these fer ya, ask em bout mirrored sides or Lucite bases/ fitted stands for the cube, mine are polished black.
bikiniboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #23
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Sharpnel's dimensions should work. Mine went 30" wide x 23 1/2" deep x 36 3/4" tall (all exterior dimensions) using 3/16" acrylic and a 3/4" beveled base:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpnel View Post
I agreed with Turtle. 23"D is plenty. From my measurement, 23"D would give 1" each apart from the front and the back of the base.

I decided not to give it too much room as this will be the standard size for my other CM such as T800 and maybe T850, TX and Superman.
Great! Thanks for the info guys!
I'm still trying to get someone local to make me case. No luck yet. I'll wind up either making it myself or ordering online.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #24
sharpnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Nice design John, please post pictures when they are finished so we can drool all over them.
I was up last night putting this glass case together for my CM Predator. I will work on the case for CM T800 tonight. I plan to start the pedestal next week.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:41 PM   #25
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I was up last night putting this glass case together for my CM Predator. I will work on the case for CM T800 tonight. I plan to start the pedestal next week.

So thats how you make it!
Is that easy to do?

Is that glass? That would be so heavy!
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #26
sharpnel

Yup, it's 1/4" glass and is heavy. It is quite easy to build. You need to have clamps to hold it together. The curing process takes 15mins. I used an ahesive product called NANO470 to build the case. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPkyfbUOyWE
Old 10-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #27
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Yup, it's 1/4" glass and is heavy. It is quite easy to build. You need to have clamps to hold it together. The curing process takes 15mins. I used an ahesive product called NANO470 to build the case. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPkyfbUOyWE
Wow! now THAT's impressive, he was certainly showing faith in his product!

I was wondering what you where doing with the fluorescent light in your pics! well now I know, awesome product

How much did the glass cost btw? as i'm about ready to order a case for my pred, but i'd rather go this route if it's not too expensive.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #28
sharpnel

The glass cost me $300 for Predator and T800 cases. I have had glass stores wanted to charge me $400-$500 (glass and labor) to build each case and they use silicone which I don't like. I debated over using acrylic, but I see it scratches and look dull over times. I think glass will compliment a nice dark redish cherry wood pedestal.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #29
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
The glass cost me $300 for Predator and T800 cases. I have had glass stores wanted to charge me $400-$500 (glass and labor) to build each case and they use silicone which I don't like. I debated over using acrylic, but I see it scratches and look dull over times. I think glass will compliment a nice dark redish cherry wood pedestal.
was that $300 each or for both?
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #30
sharpnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
was that $300 each or for both?
Both