Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 09-03-2006, 10:46 AM   #21
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
what series with Photon?
I forgot the name of it.I know Machine man is in it,Joh walker,Bloodstone daughter.They arent in costumes just regular street clothes.I know it was a lame book cause I think it was canceled already.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:49 AM   #22
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca
I forgot the name of it.I know Machine man is in it,Joh walker,Bloodstone daughter.They arent in costumes just regular street clothes.I know it was a lame book cause I think it was canceled already.

Next Wave, Garth Ennis writes...or is it Warren Ellis...? On of those guys....it actually was kinda entertaining...but I dropped it after 3 issues.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #23
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan
Next Wave, Garth Ennis writes...or is it Warren Ellis...? On of those guys....it actually was kinda entertaining...but I dropped it after 3 issues.
Yeah thats it.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:06 AM   #24
rychehitman
Galactus

Marvel is like the WWE right now. They have good characters that they dont know WHAT to do with, yet they are STILL looking to add something new for the "Bang".

Just deliver solid, continuity based stories about the characters we know on a regular and TIMELY basis! Easy enough, right?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #25
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
Marvel is like the WWE right now. They have good characters that they dont know WHAT to do with, yet they are STILL looking to add something new for the "Bang".

Just deliver solid, continuity based stories about the characters we know on a regular and TIMELY basis! Easy enough, right?

Thats the problem,its too easy.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:15 PM   #26
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Well, I'm not so negative on this concept.

Ressurrecting Alpha Flight is a good idea (actually not killing them in the first place would have been even better).

I would have rather seen Beta Ray Bill make his way onto one of the two Avengers teams, but seeing him in any team is good with me. The idea that Cap and Spider-Woman (either one) would "escape" to Canada following the Civil War storyline is ridiculous, as not only does it seem out-of-character but Superhuman Registration has been law in Canada since 1993.

For me Weapon Alpha is Alpha Flight. This better be James M. Hudson.

I'll give it four issues. In fact it should have been presented as a mini-series.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #27
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton

Ressurrecting Alpha Flight is a good idea (actually not killing them in the first place would have been even better).
I would have rather seen Beta Ray Bill make his way onto one of the two Avengers teams, but seeing him in any team is good with me. The idea that Cap and Spider-Woman (either one) would "escape" to Canada following the Civil War storyline is ridiculous, as not only does it seem out-of-character but Superhuman Registration has been law in Canada since 1993.

I'll give it four issues. In fact it should have been presented as a mini-series.
Yes it would be great to see Alpha Flight back but come on atleast use some good characters.And if it is US Agent in the group wont he be out of place in Canada.Unless he changes his name to Canadian Agent.Or if not they can always use Nomad.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:29 PM   #28
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton

ITA, Tet. A mini would have made this idea pretty cool, I think. But as an ongoing? It's set up to fail.

I like the idea of BRB being on a team, but he'd be better as one of the Avengers, I agree.

Could the Spider-Woman there be Arana? I didn't read that book at all, but the costume looks similar...

Steve Rogers going to Canada? Because of the results of CW, I presume? Wow, what a cliche. And bad characterization, too. Steve Rogers doesn't ex-pat, and even if he's forced to, he's not going to join another nation's premiere super-team. C'mon.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:30 PM   #29
rychehitman
Galactus

to have Alpha Flight, and NOT have Sasquatch just seems wrong to me. Is he now dead too?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:36 PM   #30
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

And also whats going to kill this book is a lame artist.Just by the cover you can see the artist is one.Bring Byrne back for the first 6 issues just so people can want to get into the book.Then have a diffrent artist come in.