Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #21
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

If Koto is going to do a bishounen line, they probably are going to test the market first. Bishounen statues of anime characters are popular in Japan yet I'm not sure if "pretty boy" statues of DC and Marvel characters will be as successful as the DC and Marvel bishoujo line.

I understand about the Hworang bishounen because if anyone has played Tekken, he's pretty. The same can be said about Jin Kazama.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #22
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Lol! And that panda guy looks pretty cool as well.
panda's a girl
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #23
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
panda's a girl
What? lol shows how much I know about that video game. I was always a street fighter guy instead.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #24
Gustavo Freire
Jubilee

Brilliant idea! Why not?!
Gustavo Freire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #25
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
If Koto is going to do a bishounen line, they probably are going to test the market first. Bishounen statues of anime characters are popular in Japan yet I'm not sure if "pretty boy" statues of DC and Marvel characters will be as successful as the DC and Marvel bishoujo line.
The female proportion of 1/8 PVC collectors outside Japan is very large so I think this line will be successful. Factor in male figures (from Japanese companies) are not common and often rather expensive, there will be many craving over these. Kotobukiya has also already "tested the waters" with other bishounen figures.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #26
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
The female proportion of 1/8 PVC collectors outside Japan is very large so I think this line will be successful. Factor in male figures (from Japanese companies) are not common and often rather expensive, there will be many craving over these. Kotobukiya has also already "tested the waters" with other bishounen figures.
Since I read manga and watch anime, I know there are plenty of "pretty boys" especially those illustrated by Clamp and other shoujo mangaka. Doing bishounen statues of male DC and Marvel characters is kind of different for me. For example, I never considered Gambit to be a pretty man, ruggedly handsome of course, but not pretty. If its done, then it may (or may not) be successful in the U.S. market. It will be interesting to try it though.

I completely understand why Hworang and eventually Jin will be made into "bishounen" statues because they are considered to be pretty, well at least in the female Tekken fandom.

Overall, I do look forward to what Koto has in store for collectors in the near future. I'm definitely glad that they are doing Tekken.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #27
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I doubt Koto will be focusing on the fact the word means "Pretty" or "Hansome". As a matter of fact, I'd say they just use the words. Bishojo/Bishonen cause they sound cool. We're gonna get some sick action poses I'm sure which means we could get Juggernaut, Hulk, all sorts of ish!
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #28
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsta View Post
I doubt Koto will be focusing on the fact the word means "Pretty" or "Hansome". As a matter of fact, I'd say they just use the words. Bishojo/Bishonen cause they sound cool. We're gonna get some sick action poses I'm sure which means we could get Juggernaut, Hulk, all sorts of ish!
Hell yeah! I want some marvel / dc male superheroes and villains.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #29
Finalape
Birdman

And Alex can bring his buddy Gon!
Finalape is offline   Reply With Quote