Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-18-2006, 05:31 PM   #21
Captain Late
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I may need to jump on one of these. My longtime LCS is actually more of a sportscard shop and with my very short pull list (3 or 4 titles depending on Planetary) it was usually fine but I got shorted my Astro City recently and just got an email that they want to have a card on file now. If it was stellar customer service I probably would go ahead but comics have always been way down on their priority list and I don't want to deal with the whole card # issue quite frankly...
Captain Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 05:56 PM   #22
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjazz
I've been using DCBS for most of this year. I'm in the same situation as you in that there is not a good LCS near me. Even with the shipping, the discounts are such that I would have saved a lot of $ if I had switched a long time ago.

The discount is on the individual item, not the order. They'll have specials with extra discounts on special items as well.

Bottom line, I now buy all my comics and misc. items via DCBS, and all my pre-order Bowen stuff through Comicstatues.com to support the forum. I could not be happier.
Thanks MJ, looks like that might be the way to go. Glad there's alot of options. I think I may go that route, especially at discounted prices I can collect more of the books I had to lay off on.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #23
Foord
The Avengers

I've used DCBS for several years now for comics and some busts. They bag and board for 10c each, which really helps to ensure your books arrive in tip top condition. The busts are really discounted a lot too. Highly recommend!
Foord is offline   Reply With Quote