Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #21
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnchrry View Post
With the bloated price tags on Challengers, Chargers and Camaros is it wonder these GM/Chrysler are going bankrupt? Why are these cars so freeking expensive?
Greed by American manufacturers. Plus they know that a dope will come in and pay a 1/2 month's pay on these rides because they think it makes them look cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnchrry View Post
btw cblakey1 your Sebring is a great looking car.
Thanks for the comment man, it's growing on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwf6171 View Post
Nice pick up. I am trying to talk my wife into letting me buy a Smart car once we pay off some debt. She doesn't think they are safe enough for my 70mi round trip to work every day......
Man, our wives must be related. Believe it or not the Smart car was my first choice but my wife put the ki-bosh on that right quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
There is nothing irresponsible about NOT buying cars that get high gas mileage. That is a consumers choice and everyone should be able to purchase what suits their needs best.
There is plenty wrong. America manufactures these cars because there is no government standard Mpg. Hopefully the new Administration will change all that.

You're right though. Them trophy wives do need that Escalade to get 'em from nail appointments to aerobics.

Quote:
As for so called "smart" cars, let's see how the accident reports start looking compared to full sized vehicles.
Smart Car unsafe myth debunked.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24599768/

Plus, time and time again, the myth of large sedans and SUVs being safer have been shot down. My wife used to use that excuse on me for the SUVs she's owned over the years. Thank God I worked her down from a GMC Jimmy to a Pathfinder to the more sensible RDX she currently has..

Quote:
Not fully utilizing our own domestic energy resources is irresponsible if you ask me.
Fully utilizing them without finding ways to conserve what we have or smarter, more environmentally safe ways to expend this energy is irresponsible, IMO.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:12 PM   #22
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Way to go man! As we all hear about the need to get off foreign oil and be more responsible about our energy consumption, buying a Sebring is at least somewhat more responsible than a Challenger. Of course, you could have gone for a Smart car.
Thanks man. It gets decent gas mileage and I feel good having bought American (again).
Old 06-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #23
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1 View Post
There is plenty wrong. America manufactures these cars because there is no government standard Mpg. Hopefully the new Administration will change all that.

Smart Car unsafe myth debunked.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24599768/

Fully utilizing them without finding ways to conserve what we have or smarter, more environmentally safe ways to expend this energy is irresponsible, IMO.

There have been federal standards for MPG for many years now by the way.

Why is buying a car that gets say, 15 mpg wrong?
Please explain your rational? Because no doubt you will say "global warming" or "climate change". Well that should be the consumers choice if they wish to accept an unproven theory that automotive C02 emmissions are a driving dominative force. No doubt it is a force, but the extent that it is may be so diminutive relative to the large forces that it is pointless to obssess over car emmissions.

This isn't like smog caused by cars, that issue is utterly provable and correct actions were indeed taken.

Smart cars...
The laws of physics dictate that tiny vehicles lose fights with larger vehicles. There is no way around that no matter how strong you try to build the frame. G forces will tear you up inside. It's simply basic physics.

From the article you posted...

"All things being equal in safety, bigger and heavier is always better."

We do conserve and we do do things cleaner now.
We are responsible. I approve of the cleaner emmissions of course and have no issue with that.
Going after domestic resources is simply being responsible as well.

Where I have issue is very specific.... C02 from cars is not a proven climate dominative force.

That isn't about conservation anymore or measurable pollution, that is another thing entirely.

How much I personally conserve should be MY choice, not the governments. And it should stay out of my garage.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #24
Trustey
The Avengers

Yep you are either OLD, or MARRIED lol. Or both.

If not then you now have something in common with them you wont be getting laid!
Trustey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #25
Teague
Iron Man

CB, I think it's a pretty nice looking ride. Congrats man--enjoy it!
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #26
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
CB, I think it's a pretty nice looking ride. Congrats man--enjoy it!
Thanks Teague!
Old 06-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #27
Xenomorph79
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Just an FYI dude... ya might wanna black out your tag number in that photo unless you want everyone on these boards knowing where you live.
Xenomorph79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #28
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph79 View Post
Just an FYI dude... ya might wanna black out your tag number in that photo unless you want everyone on these boards knowing where you live.
Yeah all these bad guys want to get all of your millions.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #29
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph79 View Post
Thanks for the heads up but I'm well equipped on the security front for dealing with ne'er do wells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari1 View Post
Yeah all these bad guys want to get all of your millions.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #30
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1 View Post
Thanks man. It gets decent gas mileage and I feel good having bought American (again).

America still makes cars?
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote