Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #21
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
honestly...mothlies aren't his thing. It was just a matter of time before Supes and WW were late....I don't mind him focusing on limited series that can be put in the can and released then complete as long as he is used to tell compelling stories.
If only...

Sadly, he's proven that he can't even finish a limited series.

The guy's a great writer. I really like what he did with The Brave and the Bold and The Twelve (well, 2/3 of it). But jumping back and forth like this makes him look ridiculous, regardless of the reason. He should go back to TV and movies and just give up on comics.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:54 AM   #22
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
If only...

Sadly, he's proven that he can't even finish a limited series.

The guy's a great writer. I really like what he did with The Brave and the Bold and The Twelve (well, 2/3 of it). But jumping back and forth like this makes him look ridiculous, regardless of the reason. He should go back to TV and movies and just give up on comics.
I think Tv and Movies is why hes so short tempered with comics these days, he feels its not worth the steam. Who can blame him, it really isn't worth the steam financially in comparison to TV and movies.

And you cant really blame companies when he cant make deadlines.

I heard he had issues with the editors when he left Thor\Spidey and ultimately Marvel, if hes having trouble again with editors it suggests the faults are mainly on his side. This demotion certainly suggests so.

I just hope we see a Green lantern or Batman short arc before he throws in the towel on comics, maybe something similar to his Silver Surfer Requiem, short 5 issue arcs
could suit him well.
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #23
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Yep, I think deadlines are his biggest problems. It's awful that the The Twelve didn't continue.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:39 AM   #24
whd
Suicide Squad

Not a lot of additional info to be found in this article, but JMS does say that he is continuing to work on The Twelve (or at least he hasn't forgotten it entirely.)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/11/...of-the-twelve/
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:57 AM   #25
Jesse321
Galactus

I wonder if this has anything to do with the rumored Star Trek series that he was allegedly pitching to Paramount a while back?

All in all, I'm REALLY not happy, this totally sucks!
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:33 AM   #26
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
In this business the bigger your name is the less professional you are about deadlines and commitments. It's sad but you see it all the time.
It does seem that way. And every time a writer or artist pulls this nonsense they go on my list of comics I will not buy unless at discount and finished.

I will stop picking up Wonder Woman now. After all the hype, news reports, and talk about what JMS has in store for Diana this is what happens and the guy can't even do six issues?! He barely made it to #604. DC's site still lists JMS as the writer for issues after #604 too so this must be a recent realization that the story isn't where it should be. This is some serious bs to happen to both major characters.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:10 AM   #27
Rocket
Art of Mod

Wow, this news sucks royally....I'd even read JMS if he wrote the comic adaptation of M Night Shyamalan's The Happening
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:50 AM   #28
RichBamf

Obviously there are problems that evweryone is aware of with JMS and his deadline issues.

I don't know why, if he knew that he was having problems meeting his deadlines, that he tried to write two of DCs most important books...that just smacks of irresponsibility to me.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:52 AM   #29
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Obviously there are problems that evweryone is aware of with JMS and his deadline issues.

I don't know why, if he knew that he was having problems meeting his deadlines, that he tried to write two of DCs most important books...that just smacks of irresponsibility to me.
I'm inclined to agree....I can see him taking on one of the two and then reaching the sad conclusion that he couldn't keep up, but to take on both?
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:54 AM   #30
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I'm inclined to agree....I can see him taking on one of the two and then reaching the sad conclusion that he couldn't keep up, but to take on both?
And also, why makes such drastic changes?

How can a writer follow and do justice to such a unique idea simply by using the writers notes...
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote