kraven comitts suicide after beating spiderman (amazing spiderman 294) 3 8.11%
return of captain america (avengers vol 1 #4) 4 10.81%
bullseye kills karen page (daredevil vol 2 #5) 1 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2005, 09:59 PM   #21
Garrett
Justice League

Cool

I know in one Avenger’s story line it had a villain who looked to be pulling the strings, but behind him was Loki in a business suit and it went on for a fair few issues.
Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:20 AM   #22
SirConor
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

This list has some good ones...

I couldn't really pick just one, but I suppose the MOST memorable for me personally was Wolvie losing his adamantium. I was like 10 years old and I was so so sad for so long, especially having to watch him get his ass kicked all the time afterwards. Also up there: death of Jeannie, return of Colossus.
SirConor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:51 AM   #23
Bartman256
The X-Men

Great thread! Soooo many stories...
Amazing Spider-Man 31-33 this Stan & Steve classic shows what being a hero was all about!

Amazing Spider-Man 90 Death of Capt. Stacy...those last few words where Capt Stacy calls Spider-Man Peter & makes him promise to look after Gwen

Amazing Spider-Man 121 & 122 Death of Gwen & Norman Osborn...well written, moving story. Comics just were not for kids anymore!

Amazing Spider-Man 148-150...Jackal/Prof Warren, the Gwen Clone, the Spider-Man clone...great stuff...always creeped out by Peter dumping that clone body in the smoke stack of an incinerator. Just seemed out of character...

Amazing Spider-Man 181 titled "The Pain and the Power"...an emotional story recapping the whole Spider-Man history up to that point, starting with Spider-Man visiting the grave of Uncle Ben at night.

Amazing Spider-Man 248 The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man...so few pages for such a moving story.

Amazing Spider-Man 300 1st full Venom...man, this was a cool, scary, original villain!

Amazing Spider-Man 400 The Death of Aunt May...man this was a great way to see the old lady off! Really well written. Too bad they dismissed the whole thing with some bogus story...

Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man 28-31, the Carrion storyline brought back the past in the form of a Prof Warren clone that aged beyond death. Great story...again, too bad they dismissed the whole thing years later!

Incredible Hulk issue # ?, story was also reprinted in one of the Hulk Marvel Treasury Editions. It was a short story called Heaven is a Small Place. Another example of so few pages for such a moving story.

Incredible Hulk 340 Hulk vs Wolverine...unbelievable, bloody battle!

The Uncanny X-Men Claremont/Byrne run...highlights were Death of Jean Grey & Days of Future Past...WOW

Daredevil 7...DD vs the Sub-Mariner...another example of what being a hero is all about with awesome art by Wally Wood!

Daredevil the Frank Miller run...highlights were Death of Elektra & the crippling battle with Bullseye...WOW

Wolverine 1-4 (1st mini series) by Claremont & Miller. Great stuff...does it get any better than this?

Marvel Graphic Novel 1, The Death of Captain Marvel...the death bed scene with all the heroes gathered. Jim Starlin at his best!

Batman Dark Knight Returns
Watchmen
Ronin

Elfquest by Richard & Wendy Pini, the original 1st series 1-20 (who thought elves could be so cool?) EPIC story.

Of course I'm leaving stuff out but this list is pretty decent!
Bartman256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 03:37 AM   #24
bigben7
Kindly Asked To Leave

i understand all the great stories there were in coms but this is to narrow it down to where in that one moment when colossus apperas, or the adamantium rip sfrom wolverines body or the saddest most heart wrenching on ei think the love throughout matt's life, karen page being killed by his worset enemy by his own billy club!! dyig in his arms. its that one page and that moment we all smiled, gasped ot teared that i am striving for. thats been great stories like watchman, the spiderman clone etc. but reach down comic lovers and imaguine what im really striving for. not a great run or story. that moment that seemed real and you felt exactly as the charcter/characters did.
bigben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 06:00 PM   #25
Jack8022
Daredevil

One comic moment that has always struck home (for me anyway) is the issue where Reed Richards is scrambling to find help for the then-pregnant Invisible Woman to save their second child. After a battle with Doc Ock, they arrive at the hospital but it's just too late.

Also the last page of Alpha Flight Vol 1, #12.
Jack8022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:46 PM   #26
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

For most memorable, I voted for the return of Captain America. Now that I consider it, I think that may have been the most important but the most memorable in terms of impact should be the Death of Gwen Stacy.

Many of us, as kids, never knew Captain American before the Avengers story. Many of us, though, knew Gwen and her death truly was shocking and heart breaking. I remember it, not to sound disrespectful, like I remember where I was when Kennedy was shot, Elvis died, or other memorable events.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:06 PM   #27
bigben7
Kindly Asked To Leave

excelent wktf
you just hit the nail on the head, thats what this poll is about.
just like when i read the return of colossus. i never smiled as big reading a comica nd felt the holy sh** felin like that page. to read xmen all these years and then lose my favorite x man ever this was soo unexpected and sooo wanted
bigben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 01:30 PM   #28
Bartman256
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben7
excelent wktf
you just hit the nail on the head, thats what this poll is about.
just like when i read the return of colossus. i never smiled as big reading a comica nd felt the holy sh** felin like that page. to read xmen all these years and then lose my favorite x man ever this was soo unexpected and sooo wanted

Ben, I hate to disagree, but I expected Colossus to return...eventually. It was extremely well written & drawn, but was going to happen sooner or later. I also predict, one of these years, the return of Jean Grey...again.
Bartman256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #29
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Of the choices here, I went with the 1st Death of Jean Grey. THey did not bring her back for a long time so it definately felt real.

The one moment that always stays with me, though, is from the end of Miller's run on Daredevil - It shows Elektra climbing the icy cliffs towards the (Chaste? Can't remember the exact name). Just the thought that she had not previously succeeded in making this climb but had changed enough to finally be worthy. Those are the moments where the combination of the visual and just a few words conveys more than words or pictures by themselves and truly distinguishes comics/sequential story-telling as a powerful medium.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #30
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben7
nice pics
i alwasy thought the spiderman 121-122 was the best story ever but the idiots just had to bring back the dead again!! not like they didnt give us an ultimate version whee they can use osborn they had to bring him back in the actula real time spiderman books. hate that!! he was better and the character meant more and the story meant more when he was dead. not like now where in this day and age we all knew batman wouldnt stay down, superman wouldnt stay dead, and gren arrow would be back slingin arrows!!
how much we bettin hawkeye will emerge in a year or soo.lol
Do you really think the Comic Community would be better off today without:
Batman, Superman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Colossus, Magneto, Hawkeye(if he returns), I mean you have to bring 'em back?!?
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote