Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #21
Teague
Iron Man

Full Bleed is in Canada now? Weird.

These are the guys I almost worked for when I was supposed to write PITT. Man, I'm glad I dodged that bullet. What a mess those guys are, including Dale. He's a good artist, but sort of a selfish little dude--he just doesn't communicate well, or think of other people all that much. Took months for me to figure out that the job they told me I had, I apparently didn't have--despite the work I'd already done for them.

Good lesson for me, but I've obviously not been a fan of Dale's since. Just be careful not to expect anything from the guy.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:08 PM   #22
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Dale made more bank than his partners/employers? I know those guys made phat bank (haha.. I'm "hip"), but most are still around.. Dale's pretty much bailed on comics entirely for a music career, though? Grr.

Regardless of that, I'm not going to acquiesce from pursuing this. Thanks for the heads-up, though, RS!
He hasn't totally bailed on comics, he has done some Hulk covers recently along with some other stuff. He did do a Hulk/Darkness one-shot a few years back. If you get to know his helper, you might stand a chance of eventually lining something up. But start saving your pennies now. From what I have heard, if you seem to be pretty cool and a fan, he can be helpful.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #23
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

If you're still interested in writing comics, let me know, Teague. I know some independent companies in California from when I was writing for Cyber-Chicken Comics.

You wouldn't be paid much probably, but nobody is in small press... it's just for the fun of doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post

These are the guys I almost worked for when I was supposed to write PITT. Man, I'm glad I dodged that bullet. What a mess those guys are, including Dale. He's a good artist, but sort of a selfish little dude--he just doesn't communicate well, or think of other people all that much. Took months for me to figure out that the job they told me I had, I apparently didn't have--despite the work I'd already done for them.

Good lesson for me, but I've obviously not been a fan of Dale's since. Just be careful not to expect anything from the guy.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #24
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post

I heard a lot of the same. He went to Image where he made a ton of money and then bailed because he was more interested in music anyways...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #25
lebon
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I heard a lot of the same. He went to Image where he made a ton of money and then bailed because he was more interested in music anyways...
This was a small part. There is more, much more.

Argonus - Best of luck with your attempt at a commission. I can say that there are a number of guys that are on Dale's harass list and they seem to do pretty well when it comes to getting original pages. The commission side, not so much, though there has been a commission done as a personal favour.
lebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:04 PM   #26
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebon View Post
This was a small part. There is more, much more.
Oh - I'm sure there is. I didn't mean to imply that that's all there was but that's all that's ever mentioned in Image interviews and such. I would like to know the full story.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:05 PM   #27
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

hmmm, I think I need a Keown commission ... need to come up with an angle

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote