Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 01-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #21
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGRYCOMICMAN View Post
Hopefully the prisons there are worse than the ones here.
Or someone in prison will do the right thing and rid the world of this piece of human excrement.
Actualy in comparisson with the US's prisons ours are like hotels, and that's no exaguration I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
These people are vermin and IMO should be treated as such. This story literally breaks my heart. How could anyone hurt 2 kids that are under 3 years old? Sometimes it sickens me to be a human.
He hurt 12 kids under the age of 3 by deep stab wounds, 2 of them died. One adult also got killed trying to stop him, a 55 year old woman working there taking care of the kids.

His face was painted white and black around the eyes and yes his hair was painted redish. From what I saw on the news here he was caught on the way to another daycarecenter 3 kilometers further. The police found the directions to this next daycarecenter in his pocket.

Imo, since the law doesnt provide a punishment for this case (options are limited to prison or mental institution wich neither are a punishment that fit the crime) the politicians should make a new law - one that alows a punishment to fit the crime. In this case I would suggest handing the guy over to the family of the victims.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #22
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Actualy in comparisson with the US's prisons ours are like hotels, and that's no exaguration I'm afraid.

He hurt 12 kids under the age of 3 by deep stab wounds, 2 of them died. One adult also got killed trying to stop him, a 55 year old woman working there taking care of the kids.

His face was painted white and black around the eyes and yes his hair was painted redish. From what I saw on the news here he was caught on the way to another daycarecenter 3 kilometers further. The police found the directions to this next daycarecenter in his pocket.

Imo, since the law doesnt provide a punishment for this case (options are limited to prison or mental institution wich neither are a punishment that fit the crime) the politicians should make a new law - one that alows a punishment to fit the crime. In this case I would suggest handing the guy over to the family of the victims.

I'd like them to hand him to me. I'd make Hostel 2 look like Wonka Land.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:28 PM   #23
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Society has really changed over the years and it would seem not for the better.
Remember years ago you would be hanged for stealing a horse or cattle and now you can rape and kill someone and be let out of prison for good behavior or overcrowding.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #24
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
Society has really changed over the years and it would seem not for the better.
Remember years ago you would be hanged for stealing a horse or cattle and now you can rape and kill someone a be let out of prison for good behavior or overcrowding.

Or, if your lawyer is crafty enough, he can argue diminished mental capacity and you're out in far less time.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:39 PM   #25
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post

Sadly, if someone has it in them to do something like this, they generally have no caring, understanding, or sympathy for the law or their fellow man. The punishment probably wouldn't even apply because the culprit would be so out to lunch...
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #26
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

"(It's) something you hear about from America, not here," said bake shop owner Bie Hoornaert.

wow I can't believe we are believed to be the worst in the world....
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #27
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill78 View Post
"(It's) something you hear about from America, not here," said bake shop owner Bie Hoornaert.

wow I can't believe we are believed to be the worst in the world....
People have been killing since the dawn of man but with the technology of the internet and such you hear and sometimes see what happens half a world away.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #28
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Sadly, if someone has it in them to do something like this, they generally have no caring, understanding, or sympathy for the law or their fellow man. The punishment probably wouldn't even apply because the culprit would be so out to lunch...
Too many people get off on the mental thing. Oh he was crazy so hes not responsible for his actions or his parents never let him watch transformers thats why he shot up the school boo hoo. America & other countries need to find out what Canada is doing because compared to us their crime is a joke .
Old 01-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #29
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill78 View Post
Too many people get off on the mental thing. Oh he was crazy so hes not responsible for his actions or his parents never let him watch transformers thats why he shot up the school boo hoo. America & other countries need to find out what Canada is doing because compared to us their crime is a joke .
I agree with you lawyers say temporary insanity think about that for a minute you're insane when you killed but after you finished you became sane.
Then you go to trial that is if they think you are stable enough then you either get locked up or set free.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #30
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
I agree with you lawyers say temporary insanity think about that for a minute you're insane when you killed but after you finished you became sane.
Then you go to trial that is if they think you are stable enough then you either get locked up or set free.
Right on brother with a differnt mother!