Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 09-06-2006, 02:37 PM   #21
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolilia
International teams has been training and playing together for years not just months. NBA players are preparing for months not years.
that & the usa teams is always thrown together almost at the last minute
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:38 PM   #22
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

baseball is becoming a latin american /worldwide sport, soon the usa wil be getting smoked by the dominican rep. and venezuela. and others.
devlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:52 PM   #23
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by devlinboy
baseball is becoming a latin american /worldwide sport, soon the usa wil be getting smoked by the dominican rep. and venezuela. and others.
what gets me about baseball, is that all the players from the different countries go play for another country during the olympics or whatever
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #24
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

yea i guess because there are only so many roster spots on the usa team. i think if you have a connection to the country through your parents you can play for them. like piazza can play for italy. i think but as usual wtf do i know lol
Old 09-06-2006, 03:08 PM   #25
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

this new usa basketball team is suppossed to be a 4 year commitment so maybe they will gel and dominate. but with their ego's prob. not
Old 09-07-2006, 11:22 PM   #26
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolilia View Post
International teams has been training and playing together for years not just months. NBA players are preparing for months not years.
wow.. That could be the lamest excuse I have ever seen
How many International teams are there that play together all the time? What tournaments are they playing in?
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:09 PM   #27
nolilia
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
wow.. That could be the lamest excuse I have ever seen
How many International teams are there that play together all the time? What tournaments are they playing in?
China is a very good example. Most of the players are committed and training together for years. Even Coach K have said something about China. Sooner or later they will be better and will contend.

Training and commitment with less ego is the key. That doesnt look lame to me.
nolilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:11 PM   #28
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolilia View Post
China is a very good example. Most of the players are committed and training together for years. Even Coach K have said something about China. Sooner or later they will be better and will contend.

the french players have played together since they were kids..then they went to the nba but they still had years to grow into each others game..there was an article about this in SI
Old 09-12-2006, 12:46 AM   #29
Justin
Jedi Order

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolilia

Quote:
Originally Posted by devlinboy
the french players have played together since they were kids..then they went to the nba but they still had years to grow into each others game..there was an article about this in SI
Guys what I meant was lame and maybe I misinterpreted what DB was trying to say was that the other teams had trained & played together for years, As in that was what the other nations players were only worried about for years leading up to the world championships, That actually making a living of the sport was not their primary goal in their day to day life’s, If that isn’t what you were saying then I apologize DB.

For the record the problem with American basketball is the NBA, the sooner they stop allowing players to travel, carry the ball, and push and shove like they are in the front row of a rugby scrum the sooner the USA will get their #1 ranking back
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:52 AM   #30
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Guys what I meant was lame and maybe I misinterpreted what DB was trying to say was that the other teams had trained & played together for years, As in that was what the other nations players were only worried about for years leading up to the world championships, That actually making a living of the sport was not their primary goal in their day to day life’s, If that isn’t what you were saying then I apologize DB.

For the record the problem with American basketball is the NBA, the sooner they stop allowing players to travel, carry the ball, and push and shove like they are in the front row of a rugby scrum the sooner the USA will get their #1 ranking back
nah i totally get what you were saying, i just meant that they played together before, especially as teens and that they have a much better chemistry than the nba players will ever have. i def. think that there goal was to earn a paycheck but they had the added advantage of not being corrupted by the nba style of play. and practices for that matter(remember A I's rant). and you are right on about the nba's poor style of play. its become an brutish &ugly game. it used to be finesse now its just streetball