Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-17-2007, 05:03 PM   #21
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

for those who dont know. the Joker was inspired by the novel "the Man who laughs" which was disfigured by a captor as a child and the scars and his frail frame made him look clownish. there was a film in the 20s that followed very closely.

that type of dedication to source is what makes Nolan ideal for these films.
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #22
Logan
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thanks for the pics Callahan. Those surely look odd to say the least.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:59 PM   #23
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant-man View Post
its not the jokers look im concerned with...im not liking the batman costume as much....looks wierd?

I agree completely ... It just looks off.. the ears on the mask aren't parallel...

I realize they are trying to get better flexibility out of it .. but it kinda looks like a guy wearing a foam suit..
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:02 PM   #24
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

What's the deal with this movie, does it ignore the original first Batman movie (where Nicholson played a perfect Joker I might add) or is it a prequel - seems unlikely since the Joker was created in that movie.

I also agree with Coco about realism <=> cartoony
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:47 PM   #25
Gianco
X-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilogy View Post
The pics look intriguing. However can Ledger bring the Joker to life in front of the camera. I guess we`ll just have to wait and find out.
I agree, we'll see................
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #26
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Joker kicking Batman in the balls...ouch.
I hope this movie doesn't suck.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:42 PM   #27
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
Heath Ledger it's an awesome young actor. Many old actors, directors, critics and so on always speaks VERY highly about him. I advise anyone that doesn't know his work to watch "Lords of Dogtown". Heath gives an extraordinary perfomance on that movie. I have zero doubt in my mind that he will make a fantastic job playing the Joker. My concerns about this movie are defenetly not him.
Thank you..
Some1 who knows acting

He was also good in the patriot, monsters ball and the Four feathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant-man View Post
its not the jokers look im concerned with...im not liking the batman costume as much....looks wierd?

Yes I am concerned with this as well, the pants look bulgy. Something is off about the cape and cowl but not as off as that was in the previous suit.

Everything else is fine as long as its in the dark and we don’t see the segmented armor all the time and no one ear is not longer than the other,

However you must know that those pics are not from the actual film they are from a camera (photos), they were supposed to be for the website.

So I’m guessing when you see the actual trailer with pics taken from an actual camera (film), there will be allot more lighting effects and everything will look more polished. Also The photos are not regular movie angles Im sure the joker kicking batman and the portrait of batman on the porch are gonna be shot at different angles.

The people that ive heard from who saw the footage at wizard world said it looked exactly like the original suit because you could hardly see any of it in the dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPUFF View Post
I just hope it doesn't turn into a Shumacher type movie with absoluteley crazy cartoon things happening in it. Save that for the cartoons. I want a more realistic rendition of the dark night in the movies...that's why I liked the first one so much! I'm just really hoping this is good, and I think ledger looks awesome..
I don’t know what’s making you think this?
but yeah if it happens I will be the first to bash my head on a rock

Are you assuming this will flop becuz of what happened with x3\s3 and recent comic book movies?
Because I assure you this is a different type of production superman is dc's Spiderman
the budget on this movie is nowhere near a spidey budget and thus there is no avi arad or other idiotic producers stepping in the way
Nolan is producing directing and co-writing I don’t think there’s a chance that this will bomb out because it’s going to be similar to the first installment. That being said it is quite possible things can go south and this might not be that great of a movie. I'm scared because of the millions of things they are incorporating into the
movie: Two- gangs\scarecrow\Joker\Harvey\Gordins wife kids\ fake batman\dawes and an appearance from two face. But I don’t see it becoming Batman forever\BandR\Spidey3 and x3.

If it does I will bash my head in until I have a coma, and hopefully when I wake up there will be some good movies to watch
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:43 PM   #28
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Joker kicking Batman in the balls...ouch.
I hope this movie doesn't suck.
hes not kiking him in the balls
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:52 PM   #29
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCseneca View Post
hes not kiking him in the balls
I think he is, and that's all that counts.
By the way,who taught you how to spell?
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:11 PM   #30
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

I think there's a big difference between seeing these pics, and seeing the actual film.

I like the gritty realism, but it might be a little too real. I would like to suspend my belief for a minute - this is supposed to be DC universe after all. They could stretch a bit with the Joker and it would be ok.

That said, I'll hold off on my opinion. If the acting is top notch it could be great!

Just the whole thing seems a bit too bright and well lit - bring on some nightfall.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote