Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 04-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #21
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Can we delete the links to the video. This is not fit viewing for kids.

Its a tragic story for sure.
Link removed, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
I think that we've actually become so desensitized to this kind of stuff, that a lot of people see it more as some sort of gory form of entertainment rather than the tragedy it is.

But statics bear out that the most suicides are usually start around Halloween an steadily increase until just after each new year, now we're seeing it spread out all over the place.
Exactly. Desensitized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
There's some real videos underground and on the black market that puts those to shame.
You’re not kidding. Faces of Death are nothing compared to some crap that’s out there. Then there’s that one site out there where just thinking of it’s name makes me wanna hurl.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #22
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1 View Post
Link removed, man!

Exactly. Desensitized.

You’re not kidding. Faces of Death are nothing compared to some crap that’s out there. Then there’s that one site out there where just thinking of it’s name makes me wanna hurl.
See for me I can watch all day people being killed and it doesn't bother me at all but a dog being hurt bothers me that's why I stopped watching animal cops it was too upsetting seeing dogs being abused.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #23
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Then there’s that one site out there where just thinking of it’s name makes me wanna hurl.
Ew, Ew, EW ... I haven't thought of that site in years.

Wait a minute, are we talking "rotten" or "dos chicas una copa?"

Quote:
See for me I can watch all day people being killed and it doesn't bother me at all but a dog being hurt bothers me that's why I stopped watching animal cops it was too upsetting seeing dogs being abused.
PREACH IT
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #24
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Why the hell would you want to watch ANYBODY OR ANYTHING get killed?

I honeslty hope you aren't serious about that, because it doesn't impress anyone.

Its a sad and sick state of affairs when people care more about animal abuse than human life being taken away.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #25
rilynil

Quote:
I for the life of me can not understand how someone is fine watching people die but tear up at a dog being hurt. I would have to say you're among about 1 percent of the population, Odin. The loss of human life is MUCH more tragic than the loss of dogs, cows, snakes, etc.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #26
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Ew, Ew, EW ... I haven't thought of that site in years.

Wait a minute, are we talking "rotten" or "dos chicas una copa?"

PREACH IT
Glad someone else remembers. Now I'm gonna have nightmares!

Not sure I know the other one. Do I want to research it?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #27
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
The loss of human life is MUCH more tragic than the loss of dogs, cows, snakes, etc.
I'm sorry Nile, but I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Domesticated animals are defenseless, most all are loving and trusting, and the ones that aren't 99 times out of 100 are reared to be that way. My animals are as much a part of my family as my daughter is, and I would be devistated at the loss of any of them.

While I wouldn't necessarily put one above the other, both are equally tragic in my eyes.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #28
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Not sure I know the other one. Do I want to research it?
NO! Trust me, you DO NOT wanna watch that!!

Although there are some REALLY funny clips on YouTube of people watching it.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #29
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
I'm sorry Nile, but I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Domesticated animals are defenseless, most all are loving and trusting, and the ones that aren't 99 times out of 100 are reared to be that way.

While I wouldn't necessarily put one above the other, both are equally tragic in my eyes.
Again, we are in 100% agreement. God help any person I find abusing any animal in any way.
I think what Odin was sayin’ is that it isn’t as disturbing to see a video of the act (“watch it all day” as a figure of speech) which goes back to the desensitizing thing, but an animal? There’s something very wrong with the people and images of how a defenseless animal could be treated in their hands. Look, we’re a culture of people who keep going back to see sick films like SAW and Hostel, and playing various violent video games (even reading foul comics) where humans are pretty much at the receiving end of the weapon of malice. It’s a fair statement to say “I can watch it all day” as a figure of speech and not expect the whole forum to turn on you. Me? One time catching any of that stuff is plenty good for me.
But getting back to what Jesse said.. they’re both equally tragic.

Quote:
NO!
Holy cow! I just translated the title.. I don’ wanna know!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #30
rilynil

I'm not saying it's OK to abuse animals. I'm saying that the loss of a human being is greater than the loss of an animal.

Any of you people eating hamburgers today? How about chicken? If so, I don't think you can really claim that the loss of animal life is equal to the loss of human life. This is a no-brainer to me.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote