Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

View Poll Results: what should casey anthony's fate be?
life in prison with no parole 7 25.00%
florida's electric chair 19 67.86%
i abstain from posting my opinion 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2008, 03:33 PM   #21
Tattoo-S
Mrs. Wookie~'Venger's Girl~GORE Princess~Silly Sister~Beast Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
what i think is weird is 44 people viewed the thread and only 8 voted, even though there was an option that said abstain from posting an opinion. that means more than 5 times any other option, people would prefer not to even vote abstain than voice their opinion on the death penalty as justice for an abused and murdered child. any opinion would be better than abstaining to abstain.
I might be able to lend some insight here.....I have always had a strong oversion to polls. I don't really know why, I guess I kind of feel that there are always exceptions and nothing is every truely black/white. I suppose I just have an affliction for stating my opinion, needed or not. So to vote feels redundant to me. Anyhow, that being said I live in Oregon, where there is still a death penalty, and just in recent weeks, we have to deal with the Diane Downs (Parole hearing) so with that weighing heavily, the whole "child killer" thing is wearing thin. I can't say I really believe in capital punishment, but I can see how in certain circumstances it might seem very necessary. A feeling I don't like. I can say this, at the very least, she deserves Life in prison. Mental illness cannot be an easy thing to live with (especially if not diagnosed) but I just can't see it being the ultimate reason for every rediculous hurtful crime. 5 months, even those who suffer the disease have moments of clarity and understand right from wrong!
Tattoo-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #22
scott
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo-S View Post
I might be able to lend some insight here.....I have always had a strong oversion to polls. I don't really know why, I guess I kind of feel that there are always exceptions and nothing is every truely black/white. I suppose I just have an affliction for stating my opinion, needed or not. So to vote feels redundant to me. Anyhow, that being said I live in Oregon, where there is still a death penalty, and just in recent weeks, we have to deal with the Diane Downs (Parole hearing) so with that weighing heavily, the whole "child killer" thing is wearing thin. I can't say I really believe in capital punishment, but I can see how in certain circumstances it might seem very necessary. A feeling I don't like. I can say this, at the very least, she deserves Life in prison. Mental illness cannot be an easy thing to live with (especially if not diagnosed) but I just can't see it being the ultimate reason for every rediculous hurtful crime. 5 months, even those who suffer the disease have moments of clarity and understand right from wrong!
I don't think the Mental Illness works in this case, She knew what she did was wrong and tried to hide it. Casey had a sense of reason. I can only guess that she did not want the job of raising a child. I can see mental illness in people who drown their kids and don't hide it, but think they were doing the lords work.
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #23
scott
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Though I agree that it's obvious that Casey has been lying about something, I don't think we know what yet. She's obviously guilty of something, even if it's only allowing whatever happened to happen (bad enough, for a parent who should defend their kids until their dying breath, IMHO). But without facts in evidence yet, I don't think I can decide this yet.

That said, I'm not voting on this either, because I'm not "abstaining to abstain" so much as I'm not yet decided, which isn't an option.
That's what I meant, but not in so many well written words.
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #24
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Punch her directly in the butthole with malice until she dies.
Yeah! I'd drink to that! lol
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #25
ansel39
ROT Minister of Truth, Justice, and the Texans Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandragora View Post
i find it interesting that no one has brought up "why?"

with that other mother (susan??) who drowned her kids in her car a few years back there was all this talk of stress, post-pardom depression . etc

i'm just curious if there's any history of mental illness or anything
Andrea Yates was her name. There was a serious problem with her that no one would acknowledge.

the florida BYatch just seems liek she wanted to be free frm the burden of asmall child
ansel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #26
Mandragora
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansel39 View Post
Andrea Yates was her name. There was a serious problem with her that no one would acknowledge.

the florida BYatch just seems liek she wanted to be free frm the burden of asmall child
i don't know that one . .

the one i was thinking of was Susan Smith, the one that put the car in the lake with her two kids sleeping in the back

i can't believe how many of these women there are
Mandragora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:31 PM   #27
ansel39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandragora View Post
i don't know that one . .

the one i was thinking of was Susan Smith, the one that put the car in the lake with her two kids sleeping in the back

i can't believe how many of these women there are
oh yeah i remember susan smith that was a long time back. she just wanted to be with her boyfriend who did not want kids.

Farrah Fawcett did a movie about the same thing called "the burning bed" she shot her 3 kids. and the prosecuter who tried her adopted the 2 who survived

Andrea yates drowned her 5 kids in the family tub. she had PPD since her 3rd child and did not get help.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:41 PM   #28
Tattoo-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Punch her directly in the butthole with malice until she dies.
Good one.

I was thinking meat grinder turned on real slow.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #29
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I thought "The Burning Bed" was about an abusive man. She didn't killer her own kids, did she?
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #30
ansel39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
I thought "The Burning Bed" was about an abusive man. She didn't killer her own kids, did she?
you are correct sir it was called small sacrificies