Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #21
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

It`s not like he didn`t get anything out of it he got a daughter and he had a younger woman for a wife.
I read he`s worth from $700 million to $1.5 billion so Sir Paul got off easy.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #22
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
It`s not like he didn`t get anything out of it he got a daughter and he had a younger woman for a wife.
I read he`s worth from $700 million to $1.5 billion so Sir Paul got off easy.

When you have children with your wife, there isn't usually a fee involved. As for a younger wife, I pointed out earlier she is 40 years old. It's not like she's a 22 year old trophy or something.

RE what he's worth, he was worth that before he ever met her. It's not like she was his wife paying the bills when he was a struggling musician and contributed to his fortune, she didn't bring a thing to that union financially. She also spent lavishly and freely of his money (which was her right) while she was married to him.

I'm not even complaining about what she got, if the court thinks she deserves that ungodly sum for such a short trist, well then so be it, but then to whine and moan about it and claim that she has been put through hell and that he is cruel and on and on is just BS.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #23
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The child will be looked after regardless.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:24 PM   #24
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post

Not to hear her tell it. She is belly aching that cruel Paul will have his daughter flying coach and going to public school. Of course she can't be expected to contribute any of her $50 settlement to the well being of the daughter now can she.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #25
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
I here she was *****ing about her daughter having to travel second class lol. Even though she has £25 million.
I stuck to McCartney (and as a result got the summary of the judgment) while my colleague went with Mills. So I was spared listening to her statement, after I'd established from her where she was giving it. Man, there was a lot of waiting around, I was outside the court room pretty much from 9.45 until 1.30pm. Not much forum time at work today, LOL.

£125million was a lot for her to be asking for!

The daughter gets £35,000 a year, which I think doesn't include nanny and school fees Paul agreed to pay. That should cater for most of the wee girl's travel needs, I would have thought.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #26
lord odin

Quote:
Tell that to Bing Crosby`s kids they didn`t inherent until they would be in their 80`s but they didn`t live that long.
Some rich people don`t spoil their kids kudos to paris hilton`s grandfather for cutting her out.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #27
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
When you have children with your wife, there isn't usually a fee involved. As for a younger wife, I pointed out earlier she is 40 years old. It's not like she's a 22 year old trophy or something.

RE what he's worth, he was worth that before he ever met her. It's not like she was his wife paying the bills when he was a struggling musician and contributed to his fortune, she didn't bring a thing to that union financially. She also spent lavishly and freely of his money (which was her right) while she was married to him.

I'm not even complaining about what she got, if the court thinks she deserves that ungodly sum for such a short trist, well then so be it, but then to whine and moan about it and claim that she has been put through hell and that he is cruel and on and on is just BS.
I agree with what you`re saying it`s one thing if she helped him make his money but it`s another to marry into it then basically hit the lotto and divorce.
This is why i`ll never get married so my wife can get what`s mine because of a piece of paper.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #28
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
I agree with what you`re saying it`s one thing if she helped him make his money but it`s another to marry into it then basically hit the lotto and divorce.
This is why i`ll never get married so my wife can get what`s mine because of a piece of paper.

Sadly I'm already married, so all I can do is to try really hard to never get rich
Old 03-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #29
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm not a wh0re, but for £25 million I'd become one. I could bury four years worth of shame for a bit more than half a million a month.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #30
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

The full judgment has some pretty entertaining stuff in it.

Here's her annual shopping list:

"She claims for seven fully staffed properties with full-time housekeepers in the annual sum of £645,000. She claims holiday expenditure of £499,000 p.a. (including private and helicopter flights of £185,000), £125,000 p.a. for her clothes, £30,000 p.a. for equestrian activities (she no longer rides), £39,000 p.a. for wine (she does not drink alcohol), £43,000 p.a. for a driver, £20,000 p.a. for a carer, and professional fees of £190,000 p.a."

And the judge's answer to it:

"In my judgment the wife’s attitude is that she is entitled for the indefinite future, if not for the whole of her life, to live at the same “rate” as the husband and to be kept in the style to which she perceives she was accustomed during the marriage. Although she strongly denied it her case boils down to the syndrome of “me, too” or “if he has it, I want it too”. I shall say more about this when I consider what are the wife’s needs. It must have been absolutely plain to the wife after separation that it was wholly unrealistic to expect to go on living at the rate at which she perceived she was living."
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote