Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #21
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I understand the concern about fewer pictures but I really don't like what the other studios are doing with the characters. Spidey has been okay and the X-Men First Class was giving me some confidence but I am worried they have overloaded the next X-Men movie with soooooo many characters, the story will get hurt in the process.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:25 PM   #22
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Yeah, I know we all liked IM3. That's a given but I'd still prefer quality over quantity. More mediocre Spidey and X Men films or one really good one? As much as I like Spidey, I'd choose the one every time. FF deserves a good film and I still think Marvel is in a better position to make it than any other studio. Especially since they wouldn't be making it just to retain movie rights. GotG might be good, but had it not existed, I don't think I would've been very upset or even thought twice about it really.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #23
Luminous
Cyclops

Guardians of the Galaxy is very important to me. Not just because I love the source material, but because I see huge potential for the sci-fi adventure genre because of it's existence. So I guess I am glad things are the way they are with these licenses.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #24
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
I understand the concern about fewer pictures but I really don't like what the other studios are doing with the characters. Spidey has been okay and the X-Men First Class was giving me some confidence but I am worried they have overloaded the next X-Men movie with soooooo many characters, the story will get hurt in the process.
The topic of character crams has been talked about a lot on this board. I've always felt that it hurts comic films, but there's a lot of people here that like them.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #25
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Guardians of the Galaxy is very important to me. So I guess I am glad things are the way they are with these licenses.
I understand that, but that's also under the assumption that Marvel would never make those types of films. Maybe, maybe not. Marvel Studios is still pretty young. It's hard to say what they'll be looking at once they've milked, er..taken care of the biggest characters.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #26
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
I understand that, but that's also under the assumption that Marvel would never make those types of films. Maybe, maybe not. Marvel Studios is still pretty young. It's hard to say what they'll be looking at once they've milked, er..taken care of the biggest characters.
I'd like to think they would have eventually given something like GotG a shot even if they controlled all of the licences, but that is a lot of easy franchise big bucks to ignore.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #27
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

If Marvel retained all the licenses to these franchises I doubt we would see a solo Ant-man movie.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote