Was much better than boston comic con
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:43 PM   #22
Spidey62
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
Was much better than boston comic con
See, I cannot agree with that. I guess it depends on what type of show you like. Rhode Island is celeb heavy, but not so much on the comic guests (that part seems to me like a secondary facet of the show). If you are all about celebs, RI is the show to go to. Boston, however, is a real comic con with top creators and a reasonable amount of celeb guests. To each, his own.
Spidey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:11 AM   #23
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey62 View Post
I heard there were some of the same crowd issues as last year, and also there were many cancellations. Although, overall, it was better.
Quote:
See, I cannot agree with that. I guess it depends on what type of show you like. Rhode Island is celeb heavy, but not so much on the comic guests (that part seems to me like a secondary facet of the show). If you are all about celebs, RI is the show to go to. Boston, however, is a real comic con with top creators and a reasonable amount of celeb guests. To each, his own.
Are you the same troll that bash the show last year? There were plenty of artist that attended the show. I brought ton of prints from many different artists. The crowd control improved in a big way. It was only tight for first few hours after it opened and eventually space were made and everyone was fine. Since you "heard" it sound like you didn't attend the RICC and if that's the case then you're in no position to compare or talk about it. Cut it out.
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:54 PM   #24
Spidey62
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahmin View Post
Are you the same troll that bash the show last year? There were plenty of artist that attended the show...Since you "heard" it sound like you didn't attend the RICC and if that's the case then you're in no position to compare or talk about it.
I am not a troll and I do not consider the things that I say "bashing". I have opinions just as you do. I do not express my opinions in a mean spirited manner.

Regarding RI and all cons, I wish success. Cons are a great place to be, when run well. I did not attend RI this year or last. However, I know those that did and I am going off their impressions. I have attended RI in the past and found it lacking in the "comic con" aspect. I found it more of a pop culture - celeb con. I do not believe they have changed their focus. It is their show and they can do what they wish. As I said, to each his own.
Spidey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:09 AM   #25
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Yeah...someone saying they prefer something over something else doesn't make them a troll.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:14 AM   #26
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
I also factored in vendors, I thought RI had a much better comic related vendors myself
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:32 PM   #27
Dokstarr
Frackin!

Quote:
I am not a troll and I do not consider the things that I say "bashing". I have opinions just as you do. I do not express my opinions in a mean spirited manner.

Regarding RI and all cons, I wish success. Cons are a great place to be, when run well. I did not attend RI this year or last. However, I know those that did and I am going off their impressions. I have attended RI in the past and found it lacking in the "comic con" aspect. I found it more of a pop culture - celeb con. I do not believe they have changed their focus. It is their show and they can do what they wish. As I said, to each his own.
You should've bashed RICC last year. It most certainly deserved it. Luckily I was able to get a refund by disputing with my credit card company. I had missed RICC's deadline for asking for a refund because I didn't follow their facebook.

I didn't go this year, but I may go again next year or the year after. I went 2013 and 2014. 2014 I didn't get to see much since it was insanely crowded and after a few minutes I decided to get lunch and after I wasn't allowed back in.

2013 was okay - but I personally enjoy Boston more. Maybe I didn't find artists I was familiar with or something but at Boston I was super excited to see the artists and writers for Chew, Lady Killer, Rocket Girl, Tim Seeley, Scott Snyder, etc. If I went this year I would've been excited for Billy Tucci.

Also one thing that really really really bothered me 2013 were the number of bootlegs. It felt almost like a flea market with the stands just selling bootleg DVDs (mostly TV seasons) and bootleg/reproduction of Mondo art prints. I hope they have cracked down. I know it can be tough spotting them sometimes (like with Anime stuff), but the DVD booths were just super obvious.
Dokstarr is offline   Reply With Quote