Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #21
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

They are laying off people left and right, and i am sure they laid off a ton in shipping and sales departments.

Prob one guy working the whole warehouse by now.

Wizard is going under not only with the shows, but the magazine as well. just read on the various comics sites about how they are just canning people every week.

Edit: while i feel sorry for the workers who are getting canned, i am happy wizard is slowly going under. They just got greedy with their Price guide, in bed with CGC, same info we can read on newsarama, over priced items etc.... Sooner they are gone the better for the comic industry.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:07 AM   #22
TrueFaith
Kindly Asked To Leave

Overpriced is an understatement. I'll browse their Bowen stuff every once in a while just for a laugh. Hard to believe they could suck anyone in at all with some of those wildly inflated prices. Then to top it off they screw you big time on shipping AND make you wait forever to finally receive what you paid way too much for in the first place!
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #23
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Wow! When I was into comics back in the early 90's Wizard was my favorite book to read. My friends use to give me their older issues because my Mom couldn't afford to buy them for me. I would read them and look through them over and over.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #24
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
They are laying off people left and right, and i am sure they laid off a ton in shipping and sales departments.

Wizard is going under not only with the shows, but the magazine as well. just read on the various comics sites about how they are just canning people every week.

Edit: while i feel sorry for the workers who are getting canned, i am happy wizard is slowly going under. They just got greedy with their Price guide, in bed with CGC, same info we can read on newsarama, over priced items etc.... Sooner they are gone the better for the comic industry.
I know some of the guys who work on Wizard, and I know they're having troubles. I doubt the magazine folds, though; they just need to reorganize and refocus. They have tried to spread themselves WAY too thin.

Comic Buyer's Guide is a far better magazine for the long-time collector, though.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #25
Caniac78
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I HATE WIZARD UNIVERSE with a passion.

i ordered a Puck MB and a Stingray MB. I got a puck mb and a TIGERSHARK MB.

no matter how many times I sent and email I recieved no response. and I couldn't just send it back because the item shipped to me with no invoice and no ability to return it.
Caniac78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #26
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
I was just looking through their clearance section and everything seems to be regular price there...
We're slashing prices! To regular retail!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #27
patrickwm68
The Flash

I stopped buying Wizard months ago. I find out all the latest news right here on SF.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:54 AM   #28
Caniac78
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
I stopped buying Wizard months ago. I find out all the latest news right here on SF.
Laughable.

I'm still waiting for my Hulk Buster MB, and my CAP Classic FS. Best to buy from Bowen direct.
Caniac78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:28 AM   #29
jsnchrry
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post

In all fairness to Wizard they used to put out one helluva of a monthly rag. I have enjoyed many issues of Wizard throughout the years. If this magazine goes away it will be missed.
jsnchrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #30
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
We're slashing prices! To regular retail!

Quote:
In all fairness to Wizard they used to put out one helluva of a monthly rag. I have enjoyed many issues of Wizard throughout the years. If this magazine goes away it will be missed.
Agreed. I got a three-year subscription as a gift last year, and I still read it. It's fluff, and like I said, CBG is better, but its a lot of fun. I hope it survives.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote