Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #21
bigjohn550
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
They'll be released in a year or so in HD. First in the special edition. Then a year later in the original release edition. Then a year later in the non-special non-theaterical edition. Then a year later in the regular secret special limited edition. Then a year later in the reverse release order platinum super de-coder ring edition. Etc etc.

By the time we hit the 50th anniversary we will all have 34 copies of a New Hope.
So true, But I will buy em all.
bigjohn550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:33 PM   #22
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

I'm surprised we haven't had more of a discussion going on this. Cinemax HD played all 6 films non-stop for the entire weekend. Got them all on my DVR and have been watching bits here and there. The films all look FANTASTIC in HD. My wife has been getting on my case about the dumb grin that comes on everytime I've sat down in front of these over the weekend. The original trilogy in HD is unbelievable. If you haven't seen these and you get the opportunity you have to. Amazing.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:05 AM   #23
geto10
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

So are there any picture quality improvements in ep 4-6?
geto10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:28 PM   #24
doubloshoe
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I dont get it if the original films weren't filmed with HD equipment how could they possibly be called "True HD"
doubloshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:56 PM   #25
elwood49
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubloshoe View Post
I dont get it if the original films weren't filmed with HD equipment how could they possibly be called "True HD"
Because as Zurb said, film has a higher resolution than HD. By "True HD", I'm assuming they mean 1080i.

Pixel counts are only used for digital mediums (film is analog), and 1080i would be 1920x1080 pixals interlaced. The OT was filmed with 35mm film, which has a VERY high resolution.

I Googled and found a good article:
http://www.filmschoolonline.com/samp...HD_vs_35mm.htm

Quote:
Film is analog so there are no real "pixels." However, based on converted measures, a 35mm frame has 3 to 12 million pixels, depending on the stock, lens, and shooting conditions. An HD frame has 2 million pixels, measured using 1920 x 1080 scan lines. With this difference, 35mm appears vastly superior to HD.
elwood49 is offline   Reply With Quote