Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-19-2006, 11:20 PM   #21
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
No problem. I see everyone's side and I love the statue, I guess maybe I am upset that if i did something like this, the buyer would be all over me and leave negative feedback, and my account would be closed (i am that guy that thinks the day he rides the roller coaster is the day it flies off the track into the kiddie bumper cars).

Thanks for listening and replying everyone, this forum rocks
creeper, Ihad to go back and re-read your post ... I totally agree here. Part of the agreement was how the item was to be shipped because it was clearly stated in the auction. I would be a bit peeved on this as well!

I tell you what, I will give you your money back in exchange for this statue
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:43 PM   #22
Harrold
Kindly Asked To Leave

Handling is a real tangible when it comes to S&H. If I'm going to spend my time packing(including paking materials), and again spend my time driving to the post office, filling out insurance forms, waiting in line to give the postmaster my box, etc., I expect compensation.

That being said, handling charges should be very minimal, maybe $5 additional.

But, I would never charge for Priority shipping and use a cheaper alternative.

More and more sellers are offering items for 99 cents, with ridiculouly high shipping. No big deal. Just read the terms and make your choice.
Harrold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:50 AM   #23
jlb
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight
I am not quite sure what you are upset about. You got a great deal on a piece. It arrived in great condition. You knew what he was going to charge for shipping. Now he gets no feedback? How does that work. IMO he is the one getting ripped off. You should leave him the feedback unless the sdipping charges were not clearly stated.

Out
what he said. If the shipping costs are clearly stated and you got a great deal on a statue and it arrived in a timely manner, why are you complaining?

If the shipping bothers you, don't bid. It's a simple as that.

There are alot of costs that figure into shipping an item. A box, tape, labels, fuel to the post office, the time it takes to pack it, etc., etc.

If you are happy with the item and you knew the cost of shipping when you agreed to buy it, you are out of line for not giving the seller feedback. I have to deal with customers who don't leave feedback after I've busted my ass to get them their product in a very timely manner. As a rule, my buyers have their item shipped to them NLT 24 hours after receipt of payment. I rarely go over for shipping and if I estimate high, I'll reimburse the buyer, but I am under no obligation to do so.

It's wrong that you don't leave feedback. When I bid on and subsequently win an item on eBay, I usually pay immediately after the auction ends. I never understood why I didn't get feedback right away for my prompt payment, until I started to sell.

If I'm not contacted about a perceived or real problem that my customer's have, how do I know that I might have to resolve that problem?

In all of the cases of non feedback buyers, none have contacted me to tell me that they had an issue with my products or my service.

Sorry folks, that's rude and discourteous.

edited to add: Shipping Parcel Post after advertising Priority Mail is wrong and I don't blame you for being upset about that.
jlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:25 AM   #24
bomen
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb
what he said. If the shipping costs are clearly stated and you got a great deal on a statue and it arrived in a timely manner, why are you complaining?...
There are alot of costs that figure into shipping an item. ... If you are happy with the item and you knew the cost of shipping when you agreed to buy it, you are out of line for not giving the seller feedback. . .. ...
Sorry folks, that's rude and discourteous.

edited to add: Shipping Parcel Post after advertising Priority Mail is wrong and I don't blame you for being upset about that.
exactly 100% correct. All points.
bomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:28 AM   #25
sellin71
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The shipping isn't usually too bad on eBay, but the handling will bite you in the a$$. I live about 8 miles from a post office. There are many times that I underestimate shipping (if you include my gas @3.00 a gallon. There are other times I make a couple of bucks. But never more than $2.00. It comes down to a guessing game for me. But I have sold enough on eBay to get really close.
sellin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:59 PM   #26
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrold
Handling is a real tangible when it comes to S&H. If I'm going to spend my time packing(including paking materials), and again spend my time driving to the post office, filling out insurance forms, waiting in line to give the postmaster my box, etc., I expect compensation.

That being said, handling charges should be very minimal, maybe $5 additional.

But, I would never charge for Priority shipping and use a cheaper alternative.

More and more sellers are offering items for 99 cents, with ridiculouly high shipping. No big deal. Just read the terms and make your choice.
I agree and think it appropriate to charge something for handling if kept reasonable. I think it comes down to how an auction was represented. If everything is laid out up front and the seller does what they say then it's cooll with me. Advertising a shipping method and shipping via a cheaper method is uncool. My philosophy is "if you're not sure ... ask ... and if they don't answer then don't bid"
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:42 PM   #27
jlb
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellin71
The shipping isn't usually too bad on eBay, but the handling will bite you in the a$$. I live about 8 miles from a post office. There are many times that I underestimate shipping (if you include my gas @3.00 a gallon. There are other times I make a couple of bucks. But never more than $2.00. It comes down to a guessing game for me. But I have sold enough on eBay to get really close.
same here.
jlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:00 PM   #28
mitthrawnuruondo
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

shipping and handling is stated in the auction terms,if you think it is too much dont bid.but if you bid and when ,why get mad regardless of the actual costs when you agreed to it in the contract and were willing to pay it.my 2 cents on this old issue
mitthrawnuruondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:07 PM   #29
fazzyfaz
Death is hereditary.

By Any Chance Was The Seller In The Same State As You? Sometimes A Buyer Is Close Enough That The Parcel Post Time Is The Same As The Priority Time To Arrive, And I Would Pick The Same Time Cheaper Rate. Now This Is A Once In A While Thing, If He Was Out Of State I Agree Is Was Shady To Do That To You.
fazzyfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:31 PM   #30
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitthrawnuruondo
shipping and handling is stated in the auction terms,if you think it is too much dont bid.but if you bid and when ,why get mad regardless of the actual costs when you agreed to it in the contract and were willing to pay it.my 2 cents on this old issue

In the auction it was stated 19.99 for USPS Priority Mail, came parcel post.
Just not cool, I am over it now. Just needed to vent alittle
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote