Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #21
spenca7
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
"In a back story twist reminiscent of the evolution of "Superman" into "Smallville," the studio said in a statement that the new web-slinger film will focus "on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises." The movie is being written by James Vanderbilt, whose credits include "Zodiac" and "The Rundown." The new film, which does not yet have an announced star or director, will be produced by "Spider-Man" veterans Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad of Marvel Studios."

Pretty much kills my interest.
So basically let's make this unrelatable
spenca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #22
Simon Williams
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
"In a back story twist reminiscent of the evolution of "Superman" into "Smallville," the studio said in a statement that the new web-slinger film will focus "on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises." The movie is being written by James Vanderbilt, whose credits include "Zodiac" and "The Rundown." The new film, which does not yet have an announced star or director, will be produced by "Spider-Man" veterans Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad of Marvel Studios."

if they are going to do this,they may as well just end it at 3.
Simon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #23
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah its been fully confirmed in the statement released by Sony that this film is basically starting over from square one. Complete reboot.

Quote:
“A decade ago we set out on this journey with Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire and together we made three Spider-Man films that set a new bar for the genre. When we began, no one ever imagined that we would make history at the box-office and now we have a rare opportunity to make history once again with this franchise. Peter Parker as an ordinary young adult grappling with extraordinary powers has always been the foundation that has made this character so timeless and compelling for generations of fans. We’re very excited about the creative possibilities that come from returning to Peter's roots and we look forward to working once again with Marvel Studios, Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin on this new beginning,” said Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #24
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #25
Rocket
Art of Mod

LION SUCK
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #26
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Great. Now Raimi can start making some good stuff.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #27
krec99
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

finally maybe get a movie with spidey wisecracking maybe some webshooters this time maybe his cast will be there this time flash ,gwen no unmasking in each movie
krec99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #28
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:

yeah cause all those movies were just awesome
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #29
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Actually I think this is probably best, especially after the last movie. SM4 would have essentially been more of the same only with a different villain or two. Toby Macguire is 34 and probably wants to stretch more rather than being pigeonholed any more. Riami needs to do something new rather than constantly work on SM movies. This version of the franchise has been milked pretty darn well. Now of course Sony is not gonna let the webslinger go without squeezing out some more $, so they are probably thinking younger, cheaper cast, more frenetic direction and a new approach to SFX. Not a bad decision if they get the right director on. Will it make $300M +, who knows, but there is no reason it can't.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #30
protector2814
Phoenix

With as much money as these movies pull in, they should be punchin' one out every 2 years like clockwork. I'll never understand why it takes so damn long for sequels, especially if they're guaranteed big returns. I'm fine with starting this franchise from scratch.
Start all over. Have Pete date Gwen Stacy, have a teen Harry date MJ. Go back to Silver stories, update 'em and crank these out. Isn't every third person in L.A. a writer? Get 100 of 'em to write treatments, pick a great one and go.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote