Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-12-2006, 02:20 PM   #21
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
If I REALLY knew that it would end up in your kids hands, then I would sell you one for retail price. But I don't trust their old man!

These are spoken for, sorry, or I would help ya. My brother graduated from school and one I will give to him.
I will keep you informed if I hear about any pre sales. But again, chances of getting this online are good, trust me. Keep an eye on that store that have a "forrest" name.
Don't worry, I was only kidding with you. But I appreciate it. I can wait until March or whenever. Those machines may actually work.

Last edited by Zurbaran1; 11-12-2006 at 02:23 PM.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:29 PM   #22
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1 View Post
We are just going around in circles so I won't keep it up but..... I have been watching some of the online retailers. None has legitimately put them up for sale yet. I got in on the Best Buy mistake only to have it cancelled. It's kind of hard to be watching these sites constantly and it's really a matter of luck. You don't think there are a huge number of folks watching the online sites? I don't think the chances are all that great.

If someone wants to camp out 5 days, they're nuts but sure they deserve one. That's not the problem. It's these organized groups that are paying homeless folks and others to do the waiting that I have trouble with. I posted an article about the dark side of the launch in Japan in another thread. It's really ugly. The real culprit here is Sony for allowing this to happen.

I know what you are saying Z and I agree with you on most everything, I'm also against that. I hate hype, and principally the consequences it brings. BUT, don't give up on getting these on line. Many online retailers are just waiting to see how many they will get so they can make a pre-order. They are afraid of the whole BB fiasco. And this week most of them will know how many they will receive.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:33 PM   #23
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
I know what you are saying Z and I agree with you on most everything, I'm also against that. I hate hype, and principally the consequences it brings. BUT, don't give up on getting these on line. Many online retailers are just waiting to see how many they will get so they can make a pre-order. They are afraid of the whole BB fiasco. And this week most of them will know how many they will receive.
Bad timing for me. I've been home the past 2 weeks and checking the online sites regularly. But, I start a new job tomorrow and it's not likely I will be able to check during the week. maybe I'll get lucky and they put them up at night. Not a big deal as I have already resigned myself to not getting one.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:36 PM   #24
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

How many Blue Ray games are actually available at this time?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:30 PM   #25
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I wonder what will happen to the flipablity of the PS3 when come noon on Nov 17th and there are 300,000 units on ebay?
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #26
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
I wonder what will happen to the flipablity of the PS3 when come noon on Nov 17th and there are 300,000 units on ebay?
Well, since most are going to flippers, ebay may be the best place for anyone who really wants one to get it. Lots of them will sell on eBay. It will be interesting to see at what price range they settle into.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:07 PM   #27
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Bad timing for me. I've been home the past 2 weeks and checking the online sites regularly. But, I start a new job tomorrow and it's not likely I will be able to check during the week. maybe I'll get lucky and they put them up at night. Not a big deal as I have already resigned myself to not getting one.
Zurb - just post your credit card number and if any of us see one available we'll snatch it for you. To insure your card is working we'll each randomly make a few purchases.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:33 PM   #28
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I was planning to camp out this week for the PS3, but after:

1. Securing my Wii and Zelda preorder yesterday at TRU

2. Picking up an Xbox 360 System with $100 Rebate (@ Microcenter B&M)

3. Picking up the HD-DVD Drive from Value Electronics

4. Picking up Gears of War at Best Buy

......Sony can royally kiss my ass for dropping the ball on this PS3 launch.

They may gain my interest again when Devil May Cry 4 shows up some time in late 2007.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #29
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Gears of War baby!! !
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:08 PM   #30
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Well, since most are going to flippers, ebay may be the best place for anyone who really wants one to get it. Lots of them will sell on eBay. It will be interesting to see at what price range they settle into.
I wonder how many ebay presales will have to be refunded...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote