Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-13-2010, 02:04 AM   #21
metalsquid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

hehe, but Russell already got schooled by his own season. he just doesn't know it yet!

so, this all takes place before last season's votes were announced. that all makes sense now coz i was wondering why Russell doesn't seem to have learned much from why he lost the last time round. something he said at the start though, about finally playing with players who understand the game and are playing the game, not some social situation, made me think he already knew the outcome of his season.

he's still a top player though. but now he's playing with players who are just as serious as him about the game, what will be his achilles heel this time? much as i like his attitude to the game he seems like he'll always overlook some aspect of it that turns out to be his downfall. players like JT and Tom saying they're willing to throw out 'integrity' and other niceties this time round make it a very interesting playing field...
metalsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:48 AM   #22
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Hey guys, some of y'all may know this already, but Jeff Probst writes a weekly blog that appears late night after each show. As a Survivor fan from Day 1, I HIGHLY recommend reading Probst blog.

Here's his blog on the season-opening episode:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/12/je...ains-premiere/
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:04 AM   #23
rilynil

And in case anyone missed it, here is Jeff's blog about Survivor Palau's Jennifer Lyon, who recently lost her battle with breast cancer:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/01/20/je...jennifer-lyon/
Old 02-13-2010, 03:46 AM   #24
metalsquid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
And in case anyone missed it, here is Jeff's blog about Survivor Palau's Jennifer Lyon, who recently lost her battle with breast cancer:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/01/20/je...jennifer-lyon/
wow. dealing with my dad having cancer now. that is some good insight there from Jeff. thanks for posting that. i've got some stuff to think about.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:14 AM   #25
xXx
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Wow, James is Snapping!! Looks like he's starting to lose it after tonight's episode! and Looks like Tom and Colby are now wearing targets on their backs! Glad to see Boston Rob still in the Game!
Season is looking good!
xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:40 AM   #26
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXx View Post
Wow, James is Snapping!! Looks like he's starting to lose it after tonight's episode! and Looks like Tom and Colby are now wearing targets on their backs! Glad to see Boston Rob still in the Game!
Season is looking good!
The season is really off to a heated start! I hated seeing Stephenie go tonight. I really think both Rupert and James are buggin'. But I am thrilled that Boston Rob is still alive in the game. That guy is carrying the Villains in the challenges. Although I think there are a few really unlikable people on the Villains team, I believe I'm pulling the most for Boston Rob among both tribes.That guy has some serious heart.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #27
protector2814
Phoenix

Dammit! I missed it last night. Neighbor came over and we ended up drinking martinis. I meant to kick him out, but after 3 bowls of loudmouth soup, I plum forgot. Gonna have to on-demand it when it hits later in the week.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #28
rilynil

Hey protector, you can watch it on CBS.com right now.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #29
statman
Baron Zemo

Excellent episode last night! I hated to see Steph go though...
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:27 PM   #30
metalsquid

James is just calling it like he sees it. i'd have done the same.

so i was wrong about Rob and he really was outta whack. great to see him sort it out and get back in the game. so far the villains are really turning out to be great players.