Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 04-19-2010, 04:40 AM   #21
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinReaper View Post
8hrs?! Piece of cake!

I would sit the 20hrs or so it would take me to visit. I have been to Southeast Asia, Japan and to many places where I have flown for over 20hrs straight. Totally worth the ride!

And we share some of the same adversity. I am a Catholic as is my mother who converted from Buddhism. Her side of the family are very Buddhist and my Father was a die-hard Roman Catholic. Did I mention that my Father was born and raised in Dublin Ireland and my bother was born and raised in Rangoon, Myanmar (Burma). But I enjoy both cultures and haven't a problem with either religion. I believe, like languages are different so are religions, we may celebrate and pray differently, but we're all speaking to the same Guy upstairs! Thus we are all brothers!

Just my philosophy!

And I was schooled by the Jesuits!

How was the nightlife there? And good music places?

VR
That's a very interesting up-bringing. And putting aside what people believe philosophically, I do think that it's interesting to hear about the different histories. My mum, sometimes get's a little spooked by entering temples etc. and whilst I do believe there is such a thing as spiritual warfare, we have to be a little less superstitious than to avoid completely.
Hope we don't get too carried away making this a super-religious thread!

The Night-life in Melaka is not great, kids are either in their gangs (yes, gangs), playing sports or just watching TV. There aren't really social clubs or discotheque (showing my age a little there). KL however is more up to speed with things, as is Singapore which from all reports has a pretty vibrant nightlife. To answer your question though, the music scene is pretty sparse. Unless someone can educate us both about it?
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:41 AM   #22
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boons88 View Post
i was born in KL but have not been back for the past 20+ years. This year might be the year i get to go back.

thanks for the pics.
gosh, 20yrs! That's a long time, I'm sure it won't be the same KL you remember! Definately worth checking out though, but as I've said before in the Aussies thread, I would not be able to live there due to the heat and humidity.
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #23
Mandragora
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

great pictures . . thanks so much for sharing!

My father did some of his peace corps work in Malaysia way back when. He always said it was a beautiful country.
Mandragora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #24
Justin
Jedi Order

Great Pics Ken!

Felt like i was there with you mate!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #25
boons88
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

a bout those gangs

LOL..
yeah those gangs are real tough ; a lil tidbit about malaysia is that Guns are illegal so those punks in gangs would cry to mommy when confronted with AK 47 Crips or Bloods in the states.

I had lots of fun with those punks in the day... luckily i left in my early teens.
boons88 is offline   Reply With Quote