Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 07-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #21
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca View Post
with that comment your Met hatred shines through.

Jeter has more talent then the Mets entire roster.
Wasn't meant to be a knock on Jeter, it's actually a compliment. Sound like your MET hatred has you a bit confused. It's funny how I hear so many Yankee fans talking about signing Reyes & yet you say Jeter has more talent than another teams entire roster.

Are you telling me he's the greatest Yankee ever? Is he the greatest offensive/defensive player you've seen in your lifetime? I can't say that but that's what adds to his greatness; most knowledgeable & reasonable Yankee fans would agree.

I could care less about the Yankees, my concern has always been the NL East.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #22
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
Wasn't meant to be a knock on Jeter, it's actually a compliment. Sound like your MET hatred has you a bit confused. It's funny how I hear so many Yankee fans talking about signing Reyes & yet you say Jeter has more talent than another teams entire roster.

Are you telling me he's the greatest Yankee ever? Is he the greatest offensive/defensive player you've seen in your lifetime? I can't say that but that's what adds to his greatness; most knowledgeable & reasonable Yankee fans would agree.

I could care less about the Yankees, my concern has always been the NL East.

He isnt the greatest Yankee ever.Definately greatest Yankee Shortstop ever.

and saying isnt the most talented or skilled player is a knock.And the Reyes rumors are ridiculous.Yankees wouldnt sign him cause hes damaged goods.Reyes on a great day couldnt match Dereks worse.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #23
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca View Post
He isnt the greatest Yankee ever.Definately greatest Yankee Shortstop ever.

and saying isnt the most talented or skilled player is a knock.And the Reyes rumors are ridiculous.Yankees wouldnt sign him cause hes damaged goods.Reyes on a great day couldnt match Dereks worse.
It's not a Reyes rumor it's what some Yankee fans want. They see Jeter's skills deteriorating, they see the what Reyes is doing this year & realize he's a free agent so they covet him. Yankee fans want an all-star @ every position so they can win a WS every year.

Reyes best day can't match Derek's worse? Have you watched Derek this year? You know what, give it 2 more weeks, once the love fest is over & we'll talk some more about Derek's worst day.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #24
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
It's not a Reyes rumor it's what some Yankee fans want. They see Jeter's skills deteriorating, they see the what Reyes is doing this year & realize he's a free agent so they covet him. Yankee fans want an all-star @ every position so they can win a WS every year.

Reyes best day can't match Derek's worse? Have you watched Derek this year? You know what, give it 2 more weeks, once the love fest is over & we'll talk some more about Derek's worst day.
We will.That is if Reyes doesnt go back on the DL yet again.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #25
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
got to agree...when opportunity knocks!

what a fool that kid is
To top it off they are speculating that he could've auctioned the ball off for around $5Mil.

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #26
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I just read that article and found this quote:

"That's who he is," Raul Lopez said. "My son could get a million dollars and he'd shrug his shoulders. He'd see a dog get hit by a car and he'd shrug his shoulders. It's no big deal for him. He's very cool and calm about everything."

He'd see a dog get hit by a car and just shrug?

That quote is so out of place...
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote