Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #21
MeetThyReaper
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Ultimate Spiderman was pretty good. I loved the Stan Lee cameo as the school janitor. lol I was happy that they brought him into the studio to record some lines! The action was nice, too. The animation is probably my favorite part of this series, though--the scenes where Pete is in the Spidey uniform and the action kicks-in, it looks gorgeous. I thought the Spectacular Spiderman conveyed excellent fight scenes, but Ultimate may give it a run for its money.

HOWEVER....it's not a perfect show. Some of the humor they peppered in was kinda lame--for example, some of the screen transitions and sound effects (a screen wipe / transition of lunch food splattering the screen, as well as the Looney Toons sound effects when Thundra slipped on Jello.)

However, I was most irked when Nick Fury tells Spidey "with my training, you could be as great as Captain America or Iron Man" and they show Spidey flexing his muscles only to cartoonishly deflate before our eyes. Again, the humor is hit or miss, but Spidey self-degradation in the first ep. peeved me a little. I know that story-wise, he's only been wearing the red and blue for a year, but still....we were about 5 minutes into the show when they show this scene.

Either way, as a Spidey fan, I'll keep watching this. I think it has a great deal of potential!

By the way, the Avengers was EXCELLENT, this week! I love the fact that they go beyond three second cameos of fellow Marvel U superheroes--this episode featured a team-up with the Fantastic Four. IT ROCKED! The banter between Hulk and the Thing was PRICELESS. Also, I loved the egocentrism of DOOM. Could not have been happier with the season premeire.

So yeah...those are my thoughts on the subject. Curious what other folks thought!

Sincerely,

Your friendly neighborhood Reaper
MeetThyReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #22
isculpt
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Avengers is really shaping up to be the best marvel team-up cartoon ever. I love the writing on the show, at times it's even better than the comics nowadays
isculpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #23
xXx

Love the Avengers Cartoon, I don't understand, why is this going to be the second and last season! Would love to see it continue for at least a couple of more seasons.
xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #24
Natrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXx View Post
Love the Avengers Cartoon, I don't understand, why is this going to be the second and last season! Would love to see it continue for at least a couple of more seasons.
Where did you hear that?
Natrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #25
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXx View Post
no way!!
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #26
xXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrix View Post
Where did you hear that?
Hopefully I'm Wrong! but, I got that impression after listening to one of the interviews with the writers, they gave awhile back.
xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #27
Natrix

Avengers: EMH is now going to be ----ed up...so pissed now!

http://sciencefiction.com/2012/04/18...disassembling/

Lately, we’ve been getting some awesome news regarding the Avengers, but this is at the complete other end of the spectrum: a complete and total bummer. At this point, treat this as a rumor, but a rumor with some compelling evidence.

According to Comic Book Movie, Jeph Loeb, the head of Marvel Animation Studios, has cancelled ‘Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’ in favor of a new Avengers cartoon that will be produced by MAS and set in the ‘Ultimate Spider-Man’ universe. The new show will begin airing in the fall of 2013 and will consist of self-contained, standalone episodes as opposed to story arcs, which Loeb has openly said that he is opposed to.

CBM has a few quotes from Loeb regarding the show. When Superhero Tooniverse asked if EMH was finished with no third season in production, Loeb said:

“I can only tell you that we’re committed to The Avengers universe and that’s as far as I can go.”

In another interview with Toonzone, who mentioned that the show is animated by another studio and has been in development since before the Disney acquisition of Marvel, Loeb simply stated:

JEPH LOEB: We have big plans for The Avengers.

TOONZONE NEWS: So do you think the show will get a third season?

JEPH LOEB: I can just tell you we have big plans for The Avengers and that’s all I can tell you right now.

In regards to the standalone episodes issue, Loeb had this to say to Collider when promoting ‘Ultimate Spider-Man’:

“That’s certainly something that we’re talking about. Earth’s Mightiest Heroes has a tremendous following. One of the things that’s very unique about that show is that it was at a time prior to my coming in. It is a very serialized show, and there are a lot of characters. What we wanted to do with Spider-Man, and going forward, was to tell stories that are individualized. Obviously, we want everybody to watch the show every week, but we also know that people’s time is often taken. So, DVR the show, but if you’re not going to do that, the idea is that you will be able to catch up. I don’t ever want anybody to sit down on Sunday mornings at 11 o’clock and suddenly feel like, ‘Well, I lost the last three episodes, so I don’t really know what’s going on.’ The only thing that is a two-parter is the pilot, which will actually be shown in its entirety on Sunday, April 1st.”

The second half of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’ second season will contain standalone episodes because Loeb and MAS took over production after the first 13 episodes were made.

This unfortunate news comes as the second season of the show recently kicked off on April 1st. Avengers fans of all ages, myself included, have received the show extremely positively, making it the most successful series on Disney XD. In fact, it’s been a sort of return to form for Marvel Animation, whose shows haven’t exactly been super stellar after the 90s, aside from a few gems here and there.

Don’t expect an official announcement concerning the fate of ‘Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes’ to come out any time soon since the studio doesn’t want ratings to drop. However, in my experience with well-loved shows like ‘Community’ or ‘Firefly’, when fans hear that their show is in jeopardy of being cancelled, they’ll tune in more often to try and save it.
Natrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #28
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

So far i'm love'n Spiderman and Avengers is good as usual.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #29
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrix View Post
Avengers: EMH is now going to be ----ed up...so pissed now!
This is Wolverine and The X-Men all over again!!

I'm beginning to not want to invest anymore time in Marvel Animated shows. They have a really great show, that the audience really loves, so they decide to s#it can it and start over??

Ridiculous! I would have much rather they folded Spider-Man into the Avengers universe than vice versa. I'm not really digging Ultimate S-M, they went too comical with it. Between breaking the fourth wall, and the little cartoon within a cartoon skits, I'm just not feeling it.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #30
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Another great show being cancelled or made worse! Also why the hell can I NOT see any Avengers season 2 episodes on YouTube like I did for season 1? WTF?
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote