Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #21
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
I still don't know why the guy in the beginning drank the alien liquid.

I think that liquid helped him dissolve into cosmic and protoplasmic goo which created a new species on a new planet or something...
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #22
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

I thought that it was showing the engineer who drank the liquid was assigned to use his DNA to be the building blocks of the new human race to come on planet Earth. Didn't it seem to you that they had just dropped him off when he looked up and his "ride"/ flying saucer pulled away. Also, I assumed this took place on Earth long ago, and his drinking the liquid was a process that these "engineers" had used for a long time to start the life process on many planets...

Quote:
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #23
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
I thought that it was showing the engineer who drank the liquid was assigned to use his DNA to be the building blocks of the new human race to come on planet Earth. Didn't it seem to you that they had just dropped him off when he looked up and his "ride"/ flying saucer pulled away. Also, I assumed this took place on Earth long ago, and his drinking the liquid was a process that these "engineers" had used for a long time to start the life process on many planets...
That was my impression as well.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #24
Lord Loki
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBaKqOMGPWc Enjoyed this more then the whole movie. It is funny how the only person who talks any sort of sense dies in the dumbest way
Lord Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #25
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
These guys have it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I think that liquid helped him dissolve into cosmic and protoplasmic goo which created a new species on a new planet or something...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
But when they start or change the liquid to do other stuff is where the problems with Prometheus start. But maybe this is a different group of Engineers or they changed. I think the moment Holloway tells David they created him because they could might say something about the Engineers too.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #26
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisenforcer View Post
Saw Prometheus again the other day and Im stoke to see the sequel.
Best Sci-Fi movie ever, next to Soylent Green and John Carter.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:38 AM   #27
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
John Carter.
ryan, i think you and i are all alone here. i thought John Carter was brilliant. the effects were great and the story was solid. i wonder why it was so dogged?

speaking about prometheus, i should write a treatment, looks like they need help. haha.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #28
dccowen
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
ryan, i think you and i are all alone here. i thought John Carter was brilliant. the effects were great and the story was solid. i wonder why it was so dogged?

speaking about prometheus, i should write a treatment, looks like they need help. haha.
I enjoyed John Carter. Disney, like always, blew it, by altering the original source material, to include that contrived secondary villain plot, instead of having Carter travel mars and unite it through his actions and deeds.

Kitch was a great Carter, no complaints. Woola was perfect, my favorite part of the movie. Dejah, passable, Collins did fine, but she isn't my vision of Dejah, not by a long shot.

To return to topic. I dug Prometheus, and look forward to Scott's next installment. David creating the next gen Synthetic (Eve), would certainly add depth to the evolution versus synthetic evolution sub-arc that is weaved through the Alien saga.
dccowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #29
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Best Sci-Fi movie ever, next to Soylent Green and John Carter.
Saw John Cater and I thought that it was a meh movie. I have not seen Soylent Green yet so I am not gong to comment on that one.
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #30
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisenforcer View Post
Saw John Cater and I thought that it was a meh movie. I have not seen Soylent Green yet so I am not gong to comment on that one.
I saw two minutes of John Carter.

Soylent Green, however, I enjoyed.

The version of JC I watched was a promo copy, and sh!t quality.. far worse than they usually are.. so I didn't give it the attention it (probably) deserved.

I didn't hate the recent Conan remake, so I probably wouldn't hate JC either, as it looks to be in a similar vein.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote