Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 12-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #21
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
apparetly he killed his mother and took her guns, how in the world do you legislate against that sort of thing,evil nuts will unfortunatly always find a way
Exactly. For example Chicago has some of the stiffest gun laws in the country and they're gun crime is astronomical.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #22
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

.. I wonder if a teacher or some school personnel killed the shooter, which is why they're hesitant to say anything.

I'm supposed to sing solos at a Christmas thing tonight, and now I have no desire to do so. This sh!t's unbelieveable.

Watching Wolf Blitzer, I guess teachers evacuated kids through windows/had them hide in closets, until the police found them later, etc.... they must have been scared sh!tless.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #23
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
.. I wonder if a teacher or some school personnel killed the shooter, which is why they're hesitant to say anything.

I'm supposed to sing solos at a Christmas thing tonight, and now I have no desire to do so. This sh!t's unbelieveable.

Watching Wolf Blitzer, I guess teachers evacuated kids through windows/had them hide in closets, until the police found them later, etc.... they must have been scared sh!tless.
There really isn't words. It's just heart breaking.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #24
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

A man in China just stabbed 28 kids in their school today with a knife.
I don't what that means as far as universal odds but this world is totally fu**ed up.

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/14/man-wi...china-3316760/
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #25
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
apparetly he killed his mother and took her guns, how in the world do you legislate against that sort of thing,evil nuts will unfortunatly always find a way
Sure, there will always be crazies, no doubt. If there hadn't of been a gun though, or 4............... I realize that legislation for firearms is a slippery slope, but, I can see it being brought to everyone's attention in lieu of today's horrific event.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #26
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post

There's no way any of us could even imagine how they were feeling while hiding when 10 seconds feels like hours.
And yes, the society has some f@ck up people.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #27
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
I realize that legislation for firearms is a slippery slope, but, I can see it being brought to everyone's attention in lieu of today's horrific event.
Yes,a good crisis is a terrible thing to waste.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #28
johnclone
The Enchantress

just senseless. horrible.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:15 AM   #29
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

As earlier stated, my wife is a teacher at an elementary school and today she said that our town posted a police officer at every school in the district after the shooting. She also said that tons of parents came and picked their kids up early. This event tugs at the hearts of every parent on the planet. All I know is, tucking my kids into bed tonite brought tears to my eyes. Breaks my heart knowing that 20 families won't ever be able to do that again. My prayers are with them all.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:49 AM   #30
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
I work in a school as does my wife. At the schools we work at and the one my daughters attend, they have an armed police officer, SRO - school resource office, there every day. I wonder if the school in CT had an SRO.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote