Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #21
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

went to the midnight screening here and LOVED it!!

I have been hating the MAndarin casting ever since it was revealed who was playing him and made a vid even on YT about how Disney are arses covering their poitical backsides. Brilliant curveball thrown and the reveal is one of my fave scenes of the film! Now maybe they can cast the Mandarin properly for a future film (don buy that Killian was the Mandarin)

Definitely was more of a story/character film than an action film and agree that it should have been calle Tony Stark rather than Iron man - but that's why I liked it so much. People are HATING on this film!!

Having both the extremis storyline and Mandarin in the same film would not have worked IMO. Too many cooks syndrome. heard rumours that Pepper was gonna die in this one, but didn't want to believe it and glad she didn't!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:24 AM   #22
J-M-T
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I guess Shane Black wanted to give a more realistic Iron Man movie to us all, with showing more of Tony's human side who craves for revenge rather than take the super hero approach of bringing justice to the evil doers. The malfunctioning gadgets because even geniuses make mistakes.

And also with Mandarin. 10 rings packed with powers that founded in a crashed alien ship, maybe he thinks it won't work in a realistic movie.

But I can understand why people upset about it because well it's a comic book movie and Mandarin was advertised and hyped up as the major villain.

Overall I think it's still a solid movie. I loved it. Even better than the 2nd one and the 1st.
It's just a perfect exit for the final Iron Man movie.
J-M-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:57 AM   #23
majestic1
Marshal Law
Adamantium Member

Wasn't Radioactive Man and Firepower supposed to be in this ?
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #24
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I watched this yesterday, and I must admit, I have the same feelings as a lot of people in this thread. I didn't HATE the film, far from it...I enjoyed a lot of the Tony aspects. His interaction with the convenient placed kid, the anxiety element, the fact he became more determined to confront things without the suit.

BUT...I think there were major problems with the film.

I hated that in both Iron Man 2 and 3 that the end battle is just an excuse to throw as much stuff on the screen as possible, when a really good fight that didn't seem rushed was what was needed.
I thought the enhanced human aspect was a bit silly, and while I liked that Pepper had something to do, her becoming a superhero was a little bit too far for me.
Rhodey might as well have been cut, he did nothing.
The humour was just too much, I appreciate they're not doing Dark Knight, but it was every other line. It was too in your face for me.
The Mandarin stuff was a little too left field, I would've liked to see him actually have been a bit more mystical (but I guess it would've isolated audiences).
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #25
SuperJ300
Zot

A bit disappointing, this film is more of a comedy than superhero film.

Marvel is definetly aiming for family market.

Reminds me of the dirction 90s Batman films was going from Batman (1989) to Batman returns (1992) to family friendly Batman forever (1995)!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:52 AM   #26
demonhunter
Kingpin

I think they got it all horribly wrong when they decided to make it family friendly by adding nipples on the suits in Batman Forever. :P
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #27
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

DAMN THOSE NIPPLES!!!

joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #28
demonhunter
Kingpin

Lol
Old 05-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #29
Rocket
Art of Mod

I have a question that just keeps eating away at me.

Early on in the film, Rhodey made a comment to Tony when a fight was about to start along the lines of "Ok lets jump in the suits and go" and he was subsequently left out of the fight after Tony informed him it couldn't be done, because the suits were only calibrated for Tony.

Which made perfect sense as then ANYONE could just jump in a suit, for example the open suit he had "parked" out front of that restaurant later in the film, right?

So, how is it then, that Rhodey couldnt fly the suit because it was coded to Tony, yet, Pepper, and the bad guy could both jump in no worries?!?!?
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #30
demonhunter
Kingpin

I read the IM3 prelude comic.(The War Machine Mark II only appears here not in movie)

In it, Tony was removing Hammer tech from the original War Machine.

And Rhodey had an argument with Tony.

Tony said Rhodey stole the War Machine and Rhodey was lucky he didn't get a heart attack because it was never properly calibrated for Rhodey.

So my reasoning is that, yes, anybody could jump in the suit, but risk a heart attack.

Plus Iron Patriot was modified by AIM, as mentioned later when Tony and Rhodey realized the connection.

As for the Mark VII parked outside the restaurant, I'm thinking Tony locked it before going inside, like as you would with locking a car I think. But opened it via remote as he was rushing out as one would with a car remote?