Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-24-2007, 10:49 PM   #21
Devils Drifter
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I saw and heard one (or many) ghost once.

I was in my cousin's house when I was younger and I woke up for some reason and I went looking for my grandmother's room. I walked past my cousins room and looked inside and one of those toy dog puppies that bark and then sit was walking around on a table she had in her room. This was early in the morning, about 2-4 in the morning and everyone was asleep. Anyway I hightailed it to my grandmothers room and in the morning I checked the dog out and he had no batteries.In the same house I also heard someone yell my name and slam a door behind me but I was the only one in the house at the time.

And of course I had one that involved a clown. My mother had hung a painting of a clown over my bed when I was young. I was terrified of this thing. I couldn't touch it because I was so afraid of it. Anyway one night I'm sleeping and again this is late at night/early morning and for some reason I just open my eyes. Guess what falls flat on my face 5 seconds later, the freaking Clown!!! I've never felt true terror like that in my life before or after again. Even thinking about it right now gives me the creeps. Anyway those are my close encounters.

- DD
Devils Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:54 PM   #22
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Drifter View Post
And of course I had one that involved a clown. My mother had hung a painting of a clown over my bed when I was young. I was terrified of this thing. I couldn't touch it because I was so afraid of it. Anyway one night I'm sleeping and again this is late at night/early morning and for some reason I just open my eyes. Guess what falls flat on my face 5 seconds later, the freaking Clown!!! I've never felt true terror like that in my life before or after again. Even thinking about it right now gives me the creeps. Anyway those are my close encounters.

- DD
GAH! I freakin' hate clowns! That must have scared you to death!
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:56 PM   #23
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
Never saw any actual ghosts myself, but twice after wakes I dreamed the exact wake replaying but with the deceased person watching silently in a seat.
Wow, EW...that's sort of cool, actually. It would be nice to think that the deceased are there in spirit, hanging out with their friends and family together to remember them...

Count me in on the believers side, too. Too many encounters to even begin to recount, both personally and in my family.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:56 PM   #24
patrickwm68
The Flash

Unless a ghost actually appears in front of me I find it very hard to believe. Doctored photos, dust particles (orbs), people whispering into tape recorders, wires tied to doors and chairs to make them move, creaking caused by houses settling, and overactive imaginations isn't going to convince me.

Ghosthunters almost had me convinced until I watched them in the Manson house. It was embarassing. "If you're here make the temp drop to 62 deg", "Make the light blink twice for yes", give me a break.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:01 PM   #25
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
Unless a ghost actually appears in front of me I find it very hard to believe. Doctored photos, dust particles (orbs), people whispering into tape recorders, wires tied to doors and chairs to make them move, creaking caused by houses settling, and overactive imaginations isn't going to convince me.

Ghosthunters almost had me convinced until I watched them in the Manson house. It was embarassing. "If you're here make the temp drop to 62 deg", "Make the light blink twice for yes", give me a break.
I honestly think that the only way people really believe in ghosts (or supernatural stuff in general) is to have it happen to them. Hearing about stuff that other people experienced might convince you intellectually, or move you to accept that it's possible that such phenomena "real"--but I firmly believe that no one really believes it until they witness it for themselves. And maybe that's the way it should be.

And yeah, that Ghost Hunters show is just silly sometimes.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:19 PM   #26
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
I honestly think that the only way people really believe in ghosts (or supernatural stuff in general) is to have it happen to them. Hearing about stuff that other people experienced might convince you intellectually, or move you to accept that it's possible that such phenomena "real"--but I firmly believe that no one really believes it until they witness it for themselves. And maybe that's the way it should be.

And yeah, that Ghost Hunters show is just silly sometimes.
When I was real young, probably about 7 or 8, I would wake up in a cold sweat and run out of my room screaming thinking I saw people after me. Turned out it was night terrors, a common occurance in children. That could have easily been mistaken as seeing ghosts.

If someone puts you in a quiet pitch black room with just a flashlight you're bound to hear and see things that aren't really there.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:44 AM   #27
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

I don't want to deny the existence of ghosts, I simplt can't...
Though I never seen one myself but my grandma seen them, A LOT of them...

She was 70 something years old, and she was very ill.
She loved spicy food but that ruins her stomach and cost her a 12 hours operation and had her stomach removed.
After the big operation, she stayed in the hospital for like a month or two in one of those special wards.

Just to let you know, though my grandama was physically weak at the moment, she's still a mentally healthy and smart woman.
One night before we left the ward she asked us to stay, she was truely frightened....

She told us there're "things", people-like things in the room when they shut the lights in the hospital...
They came out form air vents, some hook on windows and ceiling and some came out under her bed...

We weren't sure what she meant but one thing for sure is she's truly, awfully terrified.
She told us those things were there since the first day she moved into this ward. But she kept it for herself and afraid that'll bother us.
she was being considerate but she said she simply cannot stand it anymore...
She said they swing their hook-like arms trying to grab her, some have human looking hand and was trying to toutch her, some wave at her and some jump up and down ON the ceiling like monkies...

We stayed with her and didn't sleep that night. She was pointing out "ghosts" we can't see thoughout the whole night.

She wan't lying and her eyes were shiny, clear and conscious. She would wave her arms and yell Go AWAY! Or use book, pillow of some sort as defense.
She would constantly inspect the room like a soildier in battle field. And you can tell her eyes was indeed focus on something, something we can't see.
We were frightened as she pointing out things in the corner doing things...

But after that night, her condition started getting better and better so she left the special ward.
She then never seen any of those "ghosts" anymore, but she said she'll never forget that, like a living nightmare.

She's still alive, quite healthy, but boney cuz she lost her stomach and cannot absorbe a lot of lipid anymore.

it gives me a chill up the spine just by thinking about that night.

My guess is back when she was weak, her frequency was closer to those who're dead than of living human, so she can see them.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:59 AM   #28
scott
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Here a pic that kinda made me think, I use to listen to Art Bell alot & he talk about ghost in the form of orbs.Any way my dog was sick & sitting in his Lazyboy that used to be my cat's favorite place till she pasted. When I looked at the pic of my dog I saw this orb & I zoomed in on it. Then I tried to clear the image up on photoshop. I put dot where the eyes are to help to place the face.
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:15 AM   #29
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

I have yet to see even not so extraordinary evidence for such things.

The human mind however can convince us of all kinds of strange things that do not exist if we let it, or more importantly want to believe it, and that phenomenon is not exclusive to ghosts.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:29 AM   #30
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

I have yet to see even not so extraordinary evidence for such things.

The human mind however can convince us of all kinds of strange things that do not exist if we let it, or more importantly want to believe it, and that phenomenon is not exclusive to ghosts.
And this is exactly what I'm talking about...there's no point in trying to convince a skeptic of something that you have to experience to believe.

(No offense, Cess!)