Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-01-2016, 06:37 PM   #21
New Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
most of the collectors here are out of their licensed areas and buy thru middlemen,,so XM has virtually guarenteed themselves not liable for any replacements or damaged
A few people seems to get everything resolved and are always praising, there seems to some other arrangement going on with them , overall its looks a bit fishy to me and no matter how good their products or designs are I dont think Ill be purchasing another XM product
100% agree, very good point.
New Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:44 PM   #22
New Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sv7nd View Post
XM crafted some convoluted story to try cover their past shady business of being re-casters; they have openly assisted middle men who then went MIA leaving people out of pocket and IMO appear the most disorganised and greedy business I have ever encountered.

It seems they are slowly getting found out by a larger audience and I can only hope their license if revoked and given to a company of a higher standing.

Also notice the prices falling as even BBTS can't get rid of their stock at hugely discounted prices.
Thank you for sharing your experience with xm.
Xenomorph's (xm studios) seem to have a very shady past in deed. re-casting / custom unlicensed, etc.

The best of luck with the statue gods, enjoy collecting, happy collecting.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:29 PM   #23
New Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Can you post pics of the BB paint issues? That's a shame, since I haven't ever heard of an issue with him.
Please find attached below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bb 1 mark on leg.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	96745

Flaw on Black Bolts leg.

Name:	bb 2 marks r chest.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	96746

Flaws on Black Bolts right hand chest area.

Name:	bb 3 marks l belly.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	96747

Name:	bb 4 marks l belly close.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	96748

Flaws on Black Bolts left hand belly area.

Name:	bb 5 marks central grid area.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	96749

Flaw on Black Bolts central grid area.

Name:	bb 6 mark l eye.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	96750

Name:	bb 7 mark l eye 2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	96751

Flaw on Black Bolts left eye area.

Name:	bb 8 marks on neck and under chin.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	96752

Name:	bb 9 marks on neck and under chin 2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	96753

Flaws on Black Bolts neck and under chin area.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:37 PM   #24
shakazulu
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Black bolt looks pretty flawless to me. Maybe some better photo's with better lighting will help show the flaws you are talking about.

That little piece that broke off the Ms. Marvel base could be easily fixed with a dab of super glue. Happy statue collecting friend.
shakazulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:40 PM   #25
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Collector View Post
Please find attached below.
I appreciate the pictures, but apologies, I cannot see anything with the out of focus pics.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:43 PM   #26
auggy79
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

That blackbolt looks pretty flawless to me????
auggy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:51 PM   #27
New Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post
I own 4 Statues, and a couple more on PO currently with third party sellers.

I have been satisfied with all four of them. The only piece I have a small issue with is Black Bolt. The non screaming head sculpt has little dot on the side of his nose. It seems to be under the Translucent skin. I just figured he ate too much chocolate and developed a pimple Plus I like the Screaming head more.

When I compare my XM to Sideshow, I have more issues with Sideshow than XM.

I'm a registered premier member who is not allowed to purchase direct from XM, so I know the risk and have been happy so far.

I do agree with OP regarding product pictures. I'm not sure why XM doesn't update the pictures to reflect the actual production pieces. I love how clean their web site layout is designed including the Registration process, just dont love the idea of out of dates pictures.

As for Medusa, it would have been nice to include a small painted plug if you dont want to use the Scepter. As a fix I would buy some non oil based red model clay, or red playdoh to place in the hole.
Thank you for your reply, I am sorry to hear that Black Bolts head came with a "pimple". I feel your pain as my Black Bolt (non screaming head) has a paint flaw on the outer edge of his left eye. My repairer guy has told me it will be an easy fix, but I don't know if I am going to bother getting him re-painted / fixed up.

I have had a few problems over the years with various ss pieces also, (I don't really buy much from them now days, maybe a couple of pieces a year if something looks good). But this thread is not about ss, so I guess it is kinda wrong to talk about it here.
I guess the point I am making is I am def not some ss fanboy.

Great idea you have with the small painted plug, I agree, something like that should have been included.
I have thought of going to a "fabric / craft shop" and purchasing some red cloth, and cutting a tiny piece and putting that in the hole.

Happy Collecting and good fortune to you,
Old 07-01-2016, 09:27 PM   #28
New Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
A few people seems to get everything resolved and are always praising, there seems to some other arrangement going on with them , overall its looks a bit fishy to me and no matter how good their products or designs are I dont think Ill be purchasing another XM product
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
I'm guessing XM would be willing to help out the buyers that are actually in their licensed region. OP I assume you know they can't deal with buyers who skirt that agreement. That's the reason you signed up for a SF account in the first place

You do have terrible luck though yikes.
Firstly, Thank you for your reply wanderlai, - I am just as confused as dino is in regards to this. The whole thing seems very fishy to me. When I first started purchasing xm pieces I was under the impression that if something arrived damaged or with large flaws I would still be helped by the company even though I lived in a country that they were not allowed to sell their products to. I don't know but I kinda looked at it like this - I figured if there were people selling xm pieces on ebay and shipping them anywhere in the world, that people buying these pieces would be covered in the event of a problem. Just to clarify, I have never purchased an xm piece from e-bay, always purchased from my Distributor in Singapore. And yes you are correct - The worst luck, that is for sure (yikes x 10).

Anyways, Happy collecting and may the statue gods smile upon you.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:09 PM   #29
New Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I would be contacting my distributor -- or 3rd party -- to have them speak with XM. XM is not, and will not, help people outside of their legal operating zone. That's the life of buying an XM statue.

Now onto BB -- there are several pictures online from other Black Bolt owners that show the statue being a different shade than the shield. That was found after a two (2) second internet search. So you're not the only one and I would not call that a flaw. Hell, the pictures are from a fellow SF poster - BMutha and he seems to have zero issues.

Next up, Medusa -- the scepter holder built into Medusa's hair. That has been shown several times before PO. It's not a flaw, it's just a design of the piece. So again, not sure what the issue is there. Seems like you're just looking for something to complain about on each piece instead of going 2-for-4 on the statues

As for the list of "shadiness" that you posted -- all of those things were openly addressed by XM and other owners of those statues. The Ant-Man wrong hair color was glaring and supposedly replacements were sent of free of charge to owners. Everything else on that list was shown long before the pieces reached owners. For example, if you didn't like the arm hair or teeth on Wolverine then why did you buy him? It was there plain as day on XM's site, several forums and social media.

Not every statue from any company is going to be 100%, but it appears as if you got an account here just to start sh!t. It doesn't appear to be your intention to come in and ask opinions or see if anybody else had these issue or how/if they were resolved. You came in guns blazing at us fellow SF members (not warranted).
If this is how you addressed your distributor or XM when asking for assistance with the Ms. Marvel and Dr. Strange issues, I wouldn't be too keen on helping you out either.
Thanks for the reply, I always contacted my distributor, he tried his best, but was always given excuses as to why they (xm) were not interested in helping me. I disagree with you in regards to the color of the shield not matching the color of the rest of the base not being a flaw. Please see attached photos and compare. (I understand that I am not the only one who's statue has this, and that some are worse than others, but to me this is a flaw). I guess we just disagree.

Name:	shield color matches base color.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	96755

Name:	black bolt shield 1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	96756

Same as Medusa, I guess we just disagree, I consider this a flaw to this piece.

Name:	no scepter and no hole in the hair.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	96757

Name:	medusa 1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	96758

You are correct when you say that the majority of things that I listed in the ( list of "shadiness" ) were shown before the pieces reached the owners.

The thing is though, a lot of people had already paid deposits on the piece / pieces earlier to try and guarantee that they got the piece / pieces. And, so your point is not really accurate in that respect.

Just to clarify I do not own the xm Wolverine, I just listed him as an example of a piece which has issues (in my opinion).

100% agree with you "Not every statue from any company is going to be 100%" I don't expect perfection, been doing this for long enough to know it kinda doesn't exist. I do however expect some form of customer service / help and not to be left to fix problems myself.

My guns are not blazing at "fellow SF members", the guns, well they have a natural inclination to blaze "xm fanboys" but def not "fellow SF members" - Nice try though.

When I first contacted XM and my distributor I was polite, truthful and respectful, what I received back from xm was the complete opposite.

Anyways, no hate from me towards you, I guess we just disagree. Happy collecting.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:18 PM   #30
New Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post
I dont know folks. The OP has said he has tried to address these problems in private, but created the post to see if others have the same issues.

The OP stated they have been collecting for over 10years,
There are a lot of people who create accounts on various forums and groups to just look at all pictures. When you dont have an account some attached pics are not available to view.

I personally know the risks of buying XM from a third party. I have been fortunate to not have any major issues. If something arrived damaged I would communicate with my seller just like the OP did. In the OP's case they didn't help.

All I'm saying is I dont think we should jump on this person for posting he has kept quite over the years, but finally wanted to voice his opinion. The only thing I see wrong here is starting the thread in the XM section. I feel if it was started in the General section it would be more suited.
Thank you Lotus, very much appreciated.

Before starting this thread I looked all over Statue Forum to try and find an existing thread about XM Quality Control problems, I could not find one, (apologies if one already exists that I didn't see), I then found the SS Quality Control problems thread and found that it was listed under SS, so I thought logically that the XM Quality Control problems thread should be listed under XM. (Sorry if I have placed it in the wrong area). It made sense to me.

Anyways, Thanks again for your kind reply.
Happy collecting.