Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-01-2021, 03:50 AM   #21
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
There are so many Batman, Superman, Nightwing, Deathstroke, Wonder Woman outside.
I'm glad XM's priority is Cheetah
I’m keeping it to one scale though. Yes there are a lot of the big 3 because they sell. But…
…how many are constantly saying they’re waiting for a definitive Batman because there isn’t one? I see this complaint on this forum all of the time.
…where’s so many normal 1/4 Nightwing? And people complain all the time they want a Deathstroke revisit because the one normal 1/4 of him that exists wasn’t well received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
XM has the priority right! There's already hundreds of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman statues out there.

Making B and C list characters is good for the statue community and collectors! We don't want another Sideshow doing repeats every single year.
I also mentioned Nightwing and Deathstroke, certainly B or C list depending on perspective. They definitely aren’t A, because A is Superman and Batman level, which they aren’t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Better than Sideshow's? That's a huge stretch considering theirs was an amazing piece and all we've seen of this is a single partial (dark) image.

And I agree with the other two - the world doesn't need anymore Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman statues right now.
It’s not a stretch, it’s an opinion. I may want Nightwing and would never buy this character but I can still like the sculpt based on what I see, which I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Yeah it’s not like there’s is not enough Batman et al. There is already a number of Bane pieces. As a WW fan dinner like to see Circe or Ares as I’m happy with SS Cheetah. That said this looks nice and I might be interested.
I didn’t mention Bane with the statues. I mentioned Bane as a popularity comparison. As for what they mean to their respective arch enemies, their importance as a villain to the hero, I think Bane and Cheetah are pretty on par with each other, yet Bane for whatever reasons one would like to give is a lot more well known and liked.

Y’all are right there are numerous Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman statues but it’s because they sell. People buy them. The great news for collectors is this Cheetah will probably turn out well and likely have a low ES.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:00 PM   #22
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I’m keeping it to one scale though. Yes there are a lot of the big 3 because they sell. But…
…how many are constantly saying they’re waiting for a definitive Batman because there isn’t one? I see this complaint on this forum all of the time.
…where’s so many normal 1/4 Nightwing? And people complain all the time they want a Deathstroke revisit because the one normal 1/4 of him that exists wasn’t well received.
Somebody always complains
And XM also delivers a few DC statues. You just have to wait a bit
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 11:01 PM   #23
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I like it so far. Could be a very badass statue.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 09:59 AM   #24
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I'd really like to know what a "definitive" Batman statue is. That character has more statues than anyone so if someone is still not happy then I doubt anything would ever satisfy them.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 10:41 AM   #25
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
I'd really like to know what a "definitive" Batman statue is. That character has more statues than anyone so if someone is still not happy then I doubt anything would ever satisfy them.
That's definitely true.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 11:08 AM   #26
deadpoolredsuit
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It will be interesting to see how the factory will paint the spots.
I recall the Sideshow PF having it's spots painted in what appeared to be freehand style using an airbrush. Sure the spots were marked out in the sculpt, but the airbrush bled beyond the spots, as i assume masking off every spot, while possible would have pushed up the production costs.
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 12:02 PM   #27
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpoolredsuit View Post
It will be interesting to see how the factory will paint the spots.
Me too.

I read about a Predator bust a while ago. The spots were glued (decals) to this one.

There are still a few small things that I make dependent on an order.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 04:49 PM   #28
Divagirl
Fantastic Four

Really hoping we see a full reveal of Cheetah soon. So far she looks amazing! Maybe we will see her at NYCC. I hope that Cheetah and the new version of Wonder Woman that was announced on the Days of XM 2021 will look good displayed together. Cheetah was day 11 announcement and Wonder Woman was day 17, so at least a sneak peak of Wonder Woman should be coming soon. I'm excited for these two.
Divagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 06:02 PM   #29
Divagirl
Fantastic Four

Any word when we will see a full reveal for Cheetah or even a tease for Wonder Woman? Very excited for these two statues.
Divagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 07:29 PM   #30
AC_808
Hercules

Nope, no word.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote