Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-20-2006, 02:00 PM   #21
Wooktroop
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...hows_97662.asp
Wooktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #22
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

While I'm sure this series will set a new standard for TV CGI (mixing space battles with exotic creatures, and digital sets) I still would have preferred a series set maybe 10-20 years after the fall of the empire in ep VI where we'd get to see the rebuilding of a Republic, political intrigue, a new generation of Skywalkers, Solos and even Calrissians, training of new jedis, new species, new threats, splinter armies of clone troopers, another Fett clone, a hidden emperor clone, new characters, new technologies, (like color holograms ), jedi spirits, force wielders, etc -- which I guess is probably more or less covered in the comics.

Instead, I'm dreadiing it'll be the adventures of Young Luke Skywalker (whining about being on a moisture farm and shooting the occassional swamp rats or whatever those things were he killed flying his T-16), as well as Young Han Solo and Young Princess Leia (all played by WB-type actors). And maybe an occassional cameo featuring 800-year-young Yoda and Ewan McGreggor. Then will you also have the emperor secretly sending out bounty hunters to track down the missing Skywalker ('cuz Vader doesn't know he exists, right) and looking everywhere except Anakin's friggin' home planet. And you won't have that many jedi, because Vader will occassional root one out and snuff 'em. And basically the series will be about runing the Republic into the ground, and basically all the characters and design we already know. I'm sure the series will get out to a bolstering start, but my guess is they won't look beyond the first 10 episodes in really trying to craft their story, unless they bring on someone like J.M. Strasinski. And even then, will it really bridge Ep III to IV or just be a bunch of revisionist history trying to shoehorn in.

I would imagine that Lucas is somewhat smart and will go into this with a pretty good plan. Although his TV track record ain't that great -- Young Indiana Jones anyone. Or maybe he's not concerned about the mythos and is just doing a money grab by just announcing the project and figuring it will go to the highest bidder, because I could easily see rights for this series going for half a billion.

Nonetheless, I'll hope for the best, check out the first few episodes. Worst case another collection to pick up on DVD.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:33 PM   #23
rxj71
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I think this should have revolved around Darth Vader - just can't have too much of him...
rxj71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:10 PM   #24
Sunjata
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Location: NYC-"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh or they'll kill you."-George Bernard Shaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxj71
I think this should have revolved around Darth Vader - just can't have too much of him...
Yeah, I was hoping to hear him scream "Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!" at the end of each episode.
Sunjata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:35 PM   #25
Gruson
Suicide Squad

My guess is it is going to be a very lame show full of cheesy CGI effects and B actors.

The Clone Wars cartoon was pretty good but I just have my doubts about a live action show.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:23 PM   #26
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Bring on Bea Arthur is what I say!

joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:08 AM   #27
SirConor
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Everything Lucas touches turns to crap nowadays, this won't be any different.

Lame lame lame. Young Luke? Bad idea. He needs to stay away from characters we already know from the movies. Look how bad he ruined Darth Vader's character once we got to know Anakin (Jake Lloyd and Haydn Christensen). I'd rather eat my face than watch any more of Star Wars greatness be ruined by Lucas' bloated ego and fat head.
SirConor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:14 AM   #28
JLM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirConor
Everything Lucas touches turns to crap nowadays, this won't be any different.
Ditto. The last three movies were terrible. Why should a 100 episode TV series be any different??

In the words of Darth Vader "Nooooooooooooooooooooo"
JLM is offline   Reply With Quote