Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 10-11-2006, 08:48 PM   #21
tripoli
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Hard to say for sure.

There are several flight corridors for general aviation aircraft in that area. They must no go over poulated sections, instead staying over the rivers. I am private pilot myself and know the rules are pretty well defined in that area. Its hard to go out of the boundries without being noticed. But the radar only goes so high due to the clutter of the buildings on radar and the maximum hieght is not that much higher. For a low hour pilot, you have your hands full just keeping to the regulated course allowed. If someone deviates, an alert air traffic controller may not realize it immediately and then take time to double check themselves before taking action.
It sounds like he had some type of emergency and decided to cut across the populated area to make a bee line for the airport. He may have been too distracted in the ****pit to realize until it was too late he was headed into a building. Ussually its not one small problem but a number of them that turns into a deadly mix. If the air traffic controller was not right on it, they may have had a hard time realizing there was even a situation and been too late to react to help him.
tripoli is offline   Reply With Quote